My 2001 Silverado stepside build

Silverado2469

So I have started my 2001 Silverado build. Right now its a 5.3l 4l60e. Has headers. Custom exhaust. Stock y pipe and cats. Stock intakewth a k&n filter. Tuned by hp tuners by me. (First vehicle I've tuned. Came out decent.

My build:

LQ9 block. With ls2 gen IV rotating assembly. (Flat tops)

5.3l heads. Hand ported.

.051 head gasket.

Can is going to be a 223/227 610/614 114

Proflo intake manifold. And fuel rails

90mm throttle body

AEM310LPH E85 pump.

42 lb injectors. (ford green tops)

Wanting to swap to a 4l80e

4wd

3k stall

3.73 gears.

Have a 150 shot of nitrous for it as well.

post-25030-14545475805_thumb.jpgpost-25030-145454760287_thumb.jpgpost-25030-145454761121_thumb.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

I'll be taking my block in Thursday (later today) to have it honed. Get the bearings installed. And all that. The rings should be coming in the next few days. Then I still have to order the cam. Springs. Pushrods. Etc. And I need to finish porting my heads. I have one pretty much done. Need to start the next head. Been busy. As I knew the engine in my cobalt ss. So I'm truing to get that thing back together so I'll have a daily driver for when I take the truck apart to start working on that.

Will do I'm hoping to at least have the motor done and in the truck with stock stall and 60e. By march to get it on the dyno. (Signed up for a cheap dyno day march 26th) I probably won't spray but we will see if I wanna try out a stock 4l60e behind close to 600whp lol

Dropped the motor off at the machine shop. Getting the crank polished. A 24x reluctor wheel put on. Pistons cleaned. All new bearings. Honed. Galley plugs. Rear main seal and cover. ARP 2000 rod bolts. Was a little more than I was expecting. Mainly because I'm having him do more than I thought was needed. Ordered the new rings for the pistons. Just need to order the cam. Springs. Pushrods. And a couple more gaskets.

Idk tbh. I just had to spend 1600 on my dognto finish her service dog training. So that set me back a little bit with money. That was going to finish my motor. And buy a 4l80e to swap. But plans changed now. So I gotta finish the motor. And hope the 4l603 holds up to the new power till I can afford another trans. Or build the 60e in this. I'm hoping to have it running by march 27th. At the latest. As I have a dyno day set up for that day lol

Just ordered ls7 lifters. And the comp reunion upgrade. Got the ARP 2000 rod bolts in and dropped off at the machine shop. Should be getting the block back from them in a few days. Still debating what cam to order. Gonna order .660 lift springs. Titatium retainers. Hardened pushrods. Thinking a small cam. I came up with a 223/227 .625/.625. 114. PCM of NC has a 223/227 610/614 114 but I think I want the extra few degrees of lift to suit my heads a little bit better.

Got me e85 fuel pump.

On another note. I got my cobalt ss. Head back from the machine shop. Got the new sleeve installed. And piston in it. Gonna start buttoning t back together to have my daily back so I can start to tear the Silverado down

Ordered a new set of electric fans. From a 98-02 ls1. The ones I had didn't fit right and never really ckept the truck as cool as they should have when the AC was on. Also ordered an adjustable thermostat controller for the new fans. To get rid of my homemade 3 relay system. Should take up less space and be a little cleaner with less wires.

Also plans may change from a NA nitrous motor to a turbo set up. I'll probably start off with the 5.3l heads on the truck. Which should put Me close to 11:3-11:5:1 compression. On 10psi and e85 and see how it does. Or I may just puck up a set of 317 heads to lower compression and run 15psi.

We will see I might start working on building a kit.

eb5f3722852a7ade5e950fab70ef712a.jpg5ca4d0266b68248596b0b928dfbf9571.jpg

Got my stall in today! And called the machine shop. They should have the motor done tomorrow. So I should be able to pick it up. Need to order the cam and springs. Then I'll be able to start putting the motor together. :D