Average Price to Clone

auSStin

Hey there folks.

Just sold my '96 DCM Impala SS a little while ago which made me pretty sad, so I figured I'd clone a regular cab '06 Silverado to fill the void. On average, how much does it cost to clone? Motor included? Thanks in advance, I appreciate any feedback.

-auSStin

Edited by auSStin (see edit history)

Thanks for the feedback. Are you able to provide an estimate from cheap to expensive? I did some quick searching and couldn't seem to find much info on the cost of cloning.

Because there is no estimate, it all depends on the availability on parts. You guys come in asking the same question on price but there is no straight up answer. My best advise is search on Craigslist all over (don't just stick to your area)

$1000 for cladding (without brackets)

$200 (a piece) for oe bumper covers

$600-700 for a set of rims (with shit tires)

$400-600 for a pair of seats (without the console)

This is just a guestimate from what I've seen online recently.

The question is how much are you looking to spend? Lol. I have a truck with a whole bunch of nice parts that I would sell. 2006 clone with all wheel drive, Ls6 supercharged motor, front and rear big brake kit and all oem SS parts and some billet intro wheels. Shoot me a pm if you are interested bc I am getting a hinkering for a 69 Camaro again.

The question is how much are you looking to spend? Lol. I have a truck with a whole bunch of nice parts that I would sell. 2006 clone with all wheel drive, Ls6 supercharged motor, front and rear big brake kit and all oem SS parts and some billet intro wheels. Shoot me a pm if you are interested bc I am getting a hinkering for a 69 Camaro again.

Got any pictures?

One other aspect of the cost is paying the shipping for all the part, its not cheap, unless you find a local wrecked SS that you can use all the parts for your clone, most guys have to piece meal there clone together with buying parts all across the States. And if you buy all your parts and they are in mint shape your going to pay the high price for them.

The other cost comes with if you do all your own work, paying to do a motor swap, painting/ suspension is not cheap.

I bought parts in bundles from guys on here, ship to me and I've gone an installed and replaced some parts with the mint piece, so I a have about 70% to clone another truck if I want when I get done with this one, I just need to buy another truck.

So the cheapest way I would say is to buy the truck with no rust or mechanical issues, and look in your area at the auctions for a wrecked SS, some can be a theft recovery with no damage but most of them are missing all the good parts.They don't come around to often. And do the work yourself.