Rear bumper step pad clips

Sickau29

I just came across the outrageous price for the rear bumper step pad clips and cant believe $6 a piece. Any chance anybody has a few laying around the garage somewhere? I dont think i can get myself to drop over 100 bucks on something so simple!

For future reference GM# 15748479

Look on places like Ebay or Amazon for replacements sold in bulk.

Great tip :thumbsup:

If these are the right ones they are $0.60 a piece. (I don't know if I've found the right part).

http://www.ebay.com/itm/US-SELLER-25-GM-Garnish-Moulding-Fastener-Clips-1994-On-GM-15748479-/121546002066?hash=item1c4cb4ce92:g:lPEAAOSw1ZBUudne&vxp=mtr

Awesome! 0.60 a piece is a lot more appealing than 6 bucks a piece. Thanks a lot guys! I was searching a different part number and only bringing up GM factory websites for replacement parts. I believe those are the correct ones Downeast Johnny

Awesome! 0.60 a piece is a lot more appealing than 6 bucks a piece. Thanks a lot guys! I was searching a different part number and only bringing up GM factory websites for replacement parts. I believe those are the correct ones Downeast Johnny

Let us know if they work out for you. :cheers:

Started to look a little closer at those fasteners that are much cheaper and i believe those are slightly different than the GM factory ones. The part number is GM 1518809 if im not mistaken. They are just a bit deeper than the ones that are much cheaper. Im assuming id run into trouble trying to make those ones work. I may have to go with the double sided tape route for a while. Anyone know if I am correct on the part number?

http://www.gmpartsgiant.com/parts/gm-retainer-15188009.html

• 2 weeks later...

I am gonna give them a shot as well. I saw your other post SSmoothSilSS and Ill take your word for it. Found a good set of 25 for $12 bucks and free shipping. Cant beat that! Ill let ya know how they work out.

• 4 weeks later...