2005 Silverado SS for sale $7000

josephjrr

Original condition SS Silverado. Interior is in great condition...still smells new. Engine and transmission runs great. This vehicle came from the factory with every available option at the time except a sunroof. The 6.0 high performance engine hasn't been altered from the original specs. The Chevrolet dealer has added synthetic motor oil like clockwork. Why am I letting this gem go? Brake lines are rusted, I've got a baby on the way, and can't justify the repair for a vehicle I drive solely for pleasure. C.all or tex.t= 2*4.0*4.17*2*9*32

From the eBay ad: "Brake line rusted through. Air bag light on. Scratch and tear on rear bumper. 6 foot long scratch on drivers side."

Sounds like he just wanted to price it for a quick sale. Someone already hit the buy-it-now of $7,000 so the truck is sold, pending that they pay for it of course.

If the brake lines are rusted through, which I do understand happens fairly easily on GMT800's when they're in rust areas...there's probably other rust issues creeping up as well. Still, sounds like it was a pretty good deal for the right person.

Richard

From the eBay ad: "Brake line rusted through. Air bag light on. Scratch and tear on rear bumper. 6 foot long scratch on drivers side."

Sounds like he just wanted to price it for a quick sale. Someone already hit the buy-it-now of $7,000 so the truck is sold, pending that they pay for it of course.

If the brake lines are rusted through, which I do understand happens fairly easily on GMT800's when they're in rust areas...there's probably other rust issues creeping up as well. Still, sounds like it was a pretty good deal for the right person.

Richard

I agree plus the ad said had an airbag light on so it most likely needed some TLC. That's where some cash a little elbow grease can turn into a nice little flip..... Speaking from experience.

Richard

When I got my truck 7 years ago there was a little bit of very light surface rust on the undercarriage but the brake lines looked like the truck had sunk in salt water.

The OEM lines were junk. Bean counter win, buyer lose.

I'll end the suspense and announce that I'm the one who pulled the trigger on this truck last Thursday night and flew down from MA to MD Saturday morning to meet Joseph, the owner, inspect the truck and complete the sale and title transfer. Overall truck is in great shape and the underbody was in far better shape than I had anticipated knowing it had a brake hardline failure, just the typical surface rust on the frame rails and rear axel but from what I could see of the fuel and brake hardlines everything looked better than average for the age, mileage and location in the "rust belt" so I am very happy!

Ironically now the biggest headache I'm dealing with is trying to find a reliable shipping company to transport it from it's current parking spot to my mechanic's garage up on Cape Cod so if anyone knows of a shipper, or even better has a HD/Diesel truck and a trailer and wants to make some cold hard cash, please let me know as I want to get the truck transferred up to Mass asap to start working on making it roadworthy again.

And before anyone asks, the Chevy dealer where the truck is currently parked had quoted Joseph $4800 to do all the repair work needed to get it back on the road, which is highway robbery and there was no way in hell I was going to pay that price. I have the tools and skills to do the work myself, just not the free time currently with a very demanding fulltime job and two baby girls at home to look after when I'm not on the clock at work, sooooo that's why I'm shipping the truck to my mechanic...

I guess I could offer the job to someone local to Silver Spring, MD if anyone does this stuff for a living as I'm always happy to support local small businesses and that would also allow me to just drive the truck back up to MA myself so if anyone wants to toss their hat into the ring, let me know that as well!

Very happy to be rejoining the SS Owner's group after an almost 10 year hiatus since I sold my 2005 in August of 2007 (worst decision ever!)...

post-5589-0-32596800-1459168872_thumb.jpg

I'll end the suspense and announce that I'm the one who pulled the trigger on this truck last Thursday night and flew down from MA to MD Saturday morning to meet Joseph, the owner, inspect the truck and complete the sale and title transfer. Overall truck is in great shape and the underbody was in far better shape than I had anticipated knowing it had a brake hardline failure, just the typical surface rust on the frame rails and rear axel but from what I could see of the fuel and brake hardlines everything looked better than average for the age, mileage and location in the "rust belt" so I am very happy!

Ironically now the biggest headache I'm dealing with is trying to find a reliable shipping company to transport it from it's current parking spot to my mechanic's garage up on Cape Cod so if anyone knows of a shipper, or even better has a HD/Diesel truck and a trailer and wants to make some cold hard cash, please let me know as I want to get the truck transferred up to Mass asap to start working on making it roadworthy again.

And before anyone asks, the Chevy dealer where the truck is currently parked had quoted Joseph $4800 to do all the repair work needed to get it back on the road, which is highway robbery and there was no way in hell I was going to pay that price. I have the tools and skills to do the work myself, just not the free time currently with a very demanding fulltime job and two baby girls at home to look after when I'm not on the clock at work, sooooo that's why I'm shipping the truck to my mechanic...

I guess I could offer the job to someone local to Silver Spring, MD if anyone does this stuff for a living as I'm always happy to support local small businesses and that would also allow me to just drive the truck back up to MA myself so if anyone wants to toss their hat into the ring, let me know that as well!

Very happy to be rejoining the SS Owner's group after an almost 10 year hiatus since I sold my 2005 in August of 2007 (worst decision ever!)...

Well it looks like you got a nice ride, yeah $4800 bucks is more then a little crazy... I can see why he dumped it. Should be a nice driver for you once it gets fixed!

Edited by EXGM (see edit history)

Thanks guys! Truck really is in great shape, can't wait to get it roadworthy again. Having a shipping company lined up to pick it up tomorrow from the Dealership and get it delivered to my mechanic by Friday!

Ofcourse now the biggest problem I have is how quickly this truck is gonna vacuum out my wallet because the mod bug has already bit hard. Gonna stick to basics for now: I/H/E, tune, 160 T-stat, TA girdle and convert everything to Amsoil fluids...

Shipping companies, you can search my experience with E-ship, but most shipping companies are just brokers and they send whatever company will take the load. If you read in the fine print the broker is not responsible for any damaged the trucker makes, you have to file a claim with the trucking company that they send.

Thanks guys! Truck really is in great shape, can't wait to get it roadworthy again. Having a shipping company lined up to pick it up tomorrow from the Dealership and get it delivered to my mechanic by Friday!

Ofcourse now the biggest problem I have is how quickly this truck is gonna vacuum out my wallet because the mod bug has already bit hard. Gonna stick to basics for now: I/H/E, tune, 160 T-stat, TA girdle and convert everything to Amsoil fluids...

Do everything you can to tell everyone who will listen that the brake lines are bad. You don't want them depending on the brakes and smashing your new truck up while trying to load/unload it.

RIchard