New Lightning

SSplaytoy

It really is a shame that the new L won't ever see daylight... I would never own one personally (CHEVY 4 LIFE! :chevy: ) but its trucks like the Lightning that push thier competition to be better. I don't think there'd be a modern day SS or the SRT10 if the Lightning wasn't around first.

R.I.P. LIGHTNING :happysad:

It really is a shame that the new L won't ever see daylight... I would never own one personally (CHEVY 4 LIFE! :chevy: ) but its trucks like the Lightning that push thier competition to be better. I don't think there'd be a modern day SS or the SRT10 if the Lightning wasn't around first.

R.I.P. LIGHTNING  :happysad:

What he said!

The loss of the Lightning could affect GM either way, as I see it - I hope they're considering taking it to Dodge, rather than following Ford's play!!

Still, even though it is a ford, at least they WERE listening to what people really wanted.  Regular cab, RWD, blower, strong-ass drivetrain.  I have thought more than once about turning to the darkside for that truck.

Yep, I was watching it closely, I would have definitely went for a test drive. Now the Dodge is my only choice, luckily it's pretty sweet :driving:

More rumors at Ford than Kerry has positions. :P

Last I heard was the Lightning was "on indef. hold" "2008 at the earliest".

There is another rumor now that SVT will completely cease operations before the new Cobra lands and it will just be a "ford package", no team or division responsible for it at all.

Looks like the bean counters are winning...

Oh well... It was fun while it lasted...

Archived