Hemi Kill

PewterC3

<a href="dodge%20trucks" onmouseover="window.status='dodge trucks'; return true;" onmouseout="window.status=''; return true;">dodge trucks</a> are fun to beat.  :D    mainly because their owners seem to think they are fast when they are not...  :yellow_loser:

of course, I still haven't found a SRT-10 Ram on the highway (or at a stoplight) yet.  :dunno:

Thats general statement my friend. Dodge Trucks aren't fast......your right....stock they are not..just like the Silverado SS.

My Dakota R/T ran 15.1 @ 90 mph stock....and I didn't think it was fast. However its well in the 11s now with the blower motor. However I guess its not fast cause its a Dodge.....I just think it is.

My Dakota R/T ran 15.1 @ 90 mph stock....and I didn't think it was fast. However its well in the 11s now with the blower motor. However I guess its not fast cause its a Dodge.....I just think it is.

Sounds about where we start out also. Sounds like our extra hp cancels out, nearly, your lighter weight. Anything can be fast with a blower motor.

I think he was just referring to Hemi drivers in general. Most do think they can beat you.

Interesting how this thread got hi-jacked by some juvenile with contempt for everything and everybody. :sigh:

I don't think I "slammed" the hemi? And yes it would have been about even....my C3 to his QC hemi 2WD, if my truck was stock. And it's not like my truck has that many mods either.

His truck was fast...but mine is faster! :D

If that pisses you off....you've got a problem.

when i get my truck faster ill take on a ram at any given point, i dont care if there is a cop behind me. im looking forward to either a ram or a lightning. the time is coming so are the mods to do it. and then ill be here posting kills like crazy bank on it

charlie, you should be studying not on the internet....

back to trying to pass a simple test  :D

Studying?! Simple test?! Shit I only missed it by 9 points and scored better than 76% of the rest of the people that took the test! :jester: My time is coming this march. :thumbs:

Hmmm......must be talking about advancement exams. I really do miss those. ;)

when i get my truck faster ill take on a ram at any given point, i dont care if there is a cop behind me. im looking forward to either a ram or a lightning. the time is coming so are the mods to do it. and then ill be here posting kills like crazy    bank on it

Watch out for them Lightnings,,they are fast out of the box and easy to mod..

Not my kinda truck but you have to respect them,,ford did it right on that one..

The thing about it is when you do all that can be done to the motors,,trans,,rear end and suspension everybody is real damn close on max output..At that point you either go crazy and make something that is no longer streetable or you loose the the battle because of weight . Sorry guys kinda rambling on this post havn't had much sleep lately..

B

Interesting how this thread got hi-jacked by some juvenile with contempt for everything and everybody.  :sigh:

I don't think I "slammed" the hemi? And yes it would have been about even....my C3 to his QC hemi 2WD, if my truck was stock. And it's not like my truck has that many mods either.

His truck was fast...but mine is faster!  :D 

If that pisses you off....you've got a problem.

I take it that wasn't directed towards me.

I finally was in the right place at the right time today. I don't worry about hemi's from a dead stop(maybe a SCSB with 17's and mods) but I've heard those hemi's are pretty strong up top....and I got a chance to see for myself today.

I'm tooling along about 70-75 and this silver hemi 2WD QC w/20's passes me while he's playing with a Honda S2000. I let them go by and thought....hmmm...maybe I should play. As I sped up to about 90 and approached he must have seen me and got on it. I was too far behind to be interested so I let him slow again and wait for me, which happened as he hit some traffic. I catch them and now we are tooling along 70-75mph again, the hemi QC, S2000 and I. All of the sudden things open up and I have the left lane, the hemi jumps over to the right lane, and the S2000 is blocked in the center by a slower car.

So.. :driving: ..I'm on it...the hemi's on it and we're about even with the speedometer climbing.....85....90 the hemi is just off my bumper....95-100 now he's a half a length behind....105-110 hehe, I have a full length now....115-120 now I have 1.5-2 lengths and I'm pulling away on him.......... as I wave goodbye out the back window! LOL!!!!!!

I will say this.....I don't know what mods he had if any(I'm guessing he did have the 3.90's though)....but had I not had my custom exhaust and Wester's tune we would have been pretty even!

I finally was in the right place at the right time today. I don't worry about hemi's from a dead stop(maybe a SCSB with 17's and mods) but I've heard those hemi's are pretty strong up top....and I got a chance to see for myself today.

I'm tooling along about 70-75 and this silver hemi 2WD QC w/20's passes me while he's playing with a Honda S2000. I let them go by and thought....hmmm...maybe I should play. As I sped up to about 90 and approached he must have seen me and got on it. I was too far behind to be interested so I let him slow again and wait for me, which happened as he hit some traffic. I catch them and now we are tooling along 70-75mph again, the hemi QC, S2000 and I. All of the sudden things open up and I have the left lane, the hemi jumps over to the right lane, and the S2000 is blocked in the center by a slower car.

So.. :driving: ..I'm on it...the hemi's on it and we're about even with the speedometer climbing.....85....90 the hemi is just off my bumper....95-100 now he's a half a length behind....105-110 hehe, I have a full length now....115-120 now I have 1.5-2 lengths and I'm pulling away on him.......... as I wave goodbye out the back window! LOL!!!!!!

I will say this.....I don't know what mods he had if any(I'm guessing he did have the 3.90's though)....but had I not had my custom exhaust and Wester's tune we would have been pretty even!

He probably did the key trick on his Hemi. It disables the rev limiter and disables the maximum mph limit of 107 mph. You simply turn the ignition key back one click while the engine is running and the trans is in drive.

Archived