ss vs acura nsx

sswolfpac

my asian friend would like to know how our truck would fair against an nsx. he studies them all the time and wants to hear what ss people would say. it is his dream car but he almost had the blue ss. i would like to hear what peoplw think. check nsx prime for pics and info.

Are you talkin' old NSX or new NSX? I beleive the new one is actually slightly slower than the previous generation in the 1/4 mile because of added weight (interior luxury items) and slightly lower HP.... I could be wrong... haven't heard much about the newer ones other than most people were majorly disappointed.

Against an SS? :dunno: The NSX isn't exactly a straight line racer either.

Car & Driver NSX info

Doesn't list times, but almost $90k for only 290 hp and 224 ftlbs :wtf: even if it is faster than an SS its a rip off.

I located this information for factory stock NSX's. It is 0-60 mph and 1/4 mile times. I would conclude that our SS would be in deep trouble, even in moderately modified form.

1991 Acura NSX 5.8 14.4

1992 Acura NSX 5.6 13.9

1993 Acura NSX 5.6 13.9

1994 Acura NSX 5.3 13.6

1996 Acura NSX 5.2 13.8

1996 Acura NSX-T 5.8 14.3

1997 Acura NSX-T 4.8 13.3

2002 Acura NSX 4.8 13.4

2002 Acura RSX Type S 6.1 14.8

2003 Acura RSX Type S 6.7 15.1

the old nsx can install facto x engineering.this means the motor can be changed to 500hp.there is a guy in modesto cali that has one with 500hp. only obd1 can do this. the new one cannot yet. it is still a great car. if i had the choice my dream car is a skyline r34 spec 11. that is a ballsy car.and you can get to 1000hp withblitz turbo kit

not true.i luv my truck, like i tell everyone im glad for having it ,if i new this back then i would have gotten a truck not a car, iwanted a z71 extend cab , my friends luv imports im a truck guy now, thats why i look to you guys for guidance.

i have the look for a truck not an import. bald head beard growing, bot gq for an import. i dont llike rich cars mercedees, bmw. i like cadillacs, would luv an escalade with 23's on it. but truck fits me and i would not go back for anything , if i lose the ss i would get another truck as a project

NSX is just way too pricey, not a fan of those imports, you can buy a c5 for half the money that has better performance. I'm not biased towards imports (just traded in One SS on one) but I just find them very pricey for what you get and their service is so expensive. The escalade is definately one of my favorite vehicles. :) especially with rims.

Archived