New 2005 Ford Mustang Commercial

I CORNER

Just saw the new Ford Mustang Commercial last night. Starts with the theme from the movie, "Field of Dreams" - built baseball field in the middle of a corn field for famous players to return. "If you build it they (he) will come".

So the guy makes a asphalt track in the middle of his corn field. Steve McQueen walks out from behind the corn stalks. The guy throws him the keys to the 2005 Mustang. Steve McQueen takes races it through the track. :driving:

Very well done with seamless shots. It looks like he was there. Cool.

Rick

Well, I own 3 Chevys and 1 Ford. I hated GM dealers and loved the Ford dealer.

94Z28M6 sale: I walked out of 3 dealerships disgusted with the salesmen, before I decided to drive 3 hours to Orlando to buy 1 via my brother in-laws A/C business fleet purchase through a Chevy dealer there. I had to have the F-Body with the 6-speed. Car ended up with light grey interior that I did not want, but too late. Painful. I had to replace interior with used Graphite leather 4 years later, if I was going to keep it.

96ImpalaSS sale: After laughing at 3 local dealers who wanted $5000 over MSRP, I had friend locate 1 and negotiate price thru his leasing business. Drove 2 hours to get it in Pompano Fl. Dealer still wasted my time with hard-sell on warranty, etc. Pretty painful.

2004SilveradoSS sale: Sold me 405mile demo while hiding odometer readout and paperwork until last paper to sign, with known front shock TSB problem that they promised to fix before I left but did NOT, they scratched paint and there was a big tree sap stain on roof...and charged $350 over agreed price, even though they made at least $2000 profit. But they sure had time to stick dealer sticker on the truck, even though I told them NOT to put one on. Very painful, but at least truck has held up well so far.

2003FordFocusZTS sale: Located exact model in state (last 5spd, side-impact airbag, ABS, black, power moonroof, with subwolfer system). $100 over invoice minus $3000 rebate minus $500 rebate (no $350 dealer BS fee). Car delivered perfect, on time, clean and processed quick. This is my daughter's car, but the deal went so well, that I respect Ford now.

Now consider a company that makes a balls-out GT (GT-40 remake), that has a strong SVT program for Cobra, Focus and Lightning (just cancelled). They remade the Thunderbird and now the Mustang in classic form. The Mustang has a respectable engine too.

This has gained my respect.

Rick R

Well, I own 3 Chevys and 1 Ford.  I hated GM dealers and loved the Ford dealer.

94Z28M6 sale:  I walked out of 3 dealerships disgusted with the salesmen, before I decided to drive 3 hours to Orlando to buy 1 via my brother in-laws A/C business fleet purchase through a Chevy dealer there.  I had to have the F-Body with the 6-speed.  Car ended up with light grey interior that I did not want, but too late.  Painful.  I had to replace interior with used Graphite leather 4 years later, if I was going to keep it.

96ImpalaSS sale:  After laughing at 3 local dealers who wanted $5000 over MSRP, I had friend locate 1 and negotiate price thru his leasing business.  Drove 2 hours to get it in Pompano Fl.  Dealer still wasted my time with hard-sell on warranty, etc.  Pretty painful.

2004SilveradoSS sale:  Sold me 405mile demo while hiding odometer readout and paperwork until last paper to sign, with known front shock TSB problem that they promised to fix before I left but did NOT, they scratched paint and there was a big tree sap stain on roof...and charged $350 over agreed price, even though they made at least $2000 profit.  But they sure had time to stick dealer sticker on the truck, even though I told them NOT to put one on.  Very painful, but at least truck has held up well so far.

2003FordFocusZTS sale:  Located exact model in state (last 5spd, side-impact airbag, ABS, black, power moonroof, with subwolfer system).  $100 over invoice minus $3000 rebate minus $500 rebate (no $350 dealer BS fee).  Car delivered perfect, on time, clean and processed quick.  This is my daughter's car, but the deal went so well, that I respect Ford now.

Now consider a company that makes a balls-out GT (GT-40 remake), that has a strong SVT program for Cobra, Focus and Lightning (just cancelled).  They remade the Thunderbird and now the Mustang in classic form.  The Mustang has a respectable engine too. 

This has gained my respect.

Rick R

I agree! GM is been asleep for a long time!! Maybe they don't care about what the customer wants :crazy: Time to clean up the house and get some new blood in the designer area. They are falling so far back is going to be real hard to catch up!

as far as dealers go, I had bad experiences with both FORD AND CHEVY. So I guess I can't complaint there.

steve is cool

Yeah too bad he got the cancer relatively young.

As an avid road racer, Steve in the "Bullit" car chase scene was a classic.

Have you ever seen his movie "Bounty Hunter" where he rents a TransAm and brings it back on a trailer blown into 10 pieces?

Rick R

I don't think the brand of vehicle a dealer sells has any real impact on how you'll be treated (unless you deal w/ Saturn :puke: ) its more about the sales policy and the sales people at each particular dealership... its not like Chevy said: "Here comes Rick! Time to f**k with him and rip him off again! :devil:"

steve is cool

Yeah too bad he got the cancer relatively young.

As an avid road racer, Steve in the "Bullit" car chase scene was a classic.

Have you ever seen his movie "Bounty Hunter" where he rents a TransAm and brings it back on a trailer blown into 10 pieces?

Rick R

he was a very good racer and yes i have seen that movie i have it on vhs

Well as far as i'm concerned GM stepped on their dicks when they took a Pontiac Grand Am and put GTO badges on it. My wife and i have looked at both the GTO and MUSTANG. The MUSTANG rocks, we plan on buying one in Jan. 05 First thing to do is run it over to Whipples and put a huffer on it. We're talkin 450hp. this pony should run.

Larry/c three :)

Archived