Searching: 2003-2004 Arrival Blue SSS Only

zachm89

X3. The only thing that has started bugging me lately is the 4 speed. I'm used to more cogs in some of the other cars I have. The huge step between gears can get a little tiring but still don't want a new 60K truck payment. Some of the "tech" can be added, I'm still trying to figure out the best way to put a rear camera in and a blue tooth. The latter is not that critical a I don't talk on the phone much in the truck and I don't want an aftermarket radio... I hate the way they look.

True.. some tech it's not all there but I still like the looks I get when I'm rolling on mine down the highway and compliments from the other guys driving newer trucks

Edited by matslp488 (see edit history)

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well after exchanging a few texts with the guy in Dallas, I've given up trying to contact him any more. I've asked three times for him to give me the VIN number so I can run a Carfax and have had no response. Also, the lack of any detail in the responses I did get out of him made me feel like he isn't a very motivated seller, or he just does not care to take the time to answer questions about the truck. Oh well, the search continues. I want to buy a truck from someone who will at least take the deal seriously and seems to give two shits about what they are selling.

That sucks and I'm going to Dallas tomorrow would have got a good look at it for you if it's not to far out of the way :(

That sucks and I'm going to Dallas tomorrow would have got a good look at it for you if it's not to far out of the way :(

It's all good Muggs, Im not too worried about it. If the guy cant even answer simple questions about the truck or care about his sale, how well did he really care for the truck? I can be patient and wait for the right one to pop up, haha.

It's all good Muggs, Im not too worried about it. If the guy cant even answer simple questions about the truck or care about his sale, how well did he really care for the truck? I can be patient and wait for the right one to pop up, haha.

That's the correct attitude bro I agree fully, we will find a good one :)

Are you willing to travel?

https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/inventorylisting/viewDetailsFilterViewInventoryListing.action?sourceContext=RecentSearches_false_0&formSourceTag=112&newSearchFromOverviewPage=true&inventorySearchWidgetType=AUTO&entitySelectingHelper.selectedEntity=d631&entitySelectingHelper.selectedEntity2=&zip=28214&distance=50000&searchChanged=true&modelChanged=false&filtersModified=true&sortType=MILEAGE&sortDirection=ASC#listing=161046280_isFeatured

https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/inventorylisting/viewDetailsFilterViewInventoryListing.action?sourceContext=RecentSearches_false_0&formSourceTag=112&newSearchFromOverviewPage=true&inventorySearchWidgetType=AUTO&entitySelectingHelper.selectedEntity=d631&entitySelectingHelper.selectedEntity2=&zip=28214&distance=50000&searchChanged=true&modelChanged=false&filtersModified=true&sortType=MILEAGE&sortDirection=ASC#listing=156784070

https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/inventorylisting/viewDetailsFilterViewInventoryListing.action?sourceContext=RecentSearches_false_0&formSourceTag=112&newSearchFromOverviewPage=true&inventorySearchWidgetType=AUTO&entitySelectingHelper.selectedEntity=d631&entitySelectingHelper.selectedEntity2=&zip=28214&distance=50000&searchChanged=true&modelChanged=false&filtersModified=true&sortType=MILEAGE&sortDirection=ASC#listing=162374307

I dont mind travelling at all for the right truck. But the farther away it is the more difficult. I wouldnt feel particularly comfortable flying 1000 miles to drive a truck home that I couldnt at least have someone check out for me before hand. Thats why so far I have tried to stick to looking in areas either close enough for me to drive a round trip with the car hauler or farther away from me in places that I know people. Thank you for the links though, I will definitely look at them.

Are you willing to travel?

https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/inventorylisting/viewDetailsFilterViewInventoryListing.action?sourceContext=RecentSearches_false_0&formSourceTag=112&newSearchFromOverviewPage=true&inventorySearchWidgetType=AUTO&entitySelectingHelper.selectedEntity=d631&entitySelectingHelper.selectedEntity2=&zip=28214&distance=50000&searchChanged=true&modelChanged=false&filtersModified=true&sortType=MILEAGE&sortDirection=ASC#listing=161046280_isFeatured

https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/inventorylisting/viewDetailsFilterViewInventoryListing.action?sourceContext=RecentSearches_false_0&formSourceTag=112&newSearchFromOverviewPage=true&inventorySearchWidgetType=AUTO&entitySelectingHelper.selectedEntity=d631&entitySelectingHelper.selectedEntity2=&zip=28214&distance=50000&searchChanged=true&modelChanged=false&filtersModified=true&sortType=MILEAGE&sortDirection=ASC#listing=156784070

https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/inventorylisting/viewDetailsFilterViewInventoryListing.action?sourceContext=RecentSearches_false_0&formSourceTag=112&newSearchFromOverviewPage=true&inventorySearchWidgetType=AUTO&entitySelectingHelper.selectedEntity=d631&entitySelectingHelper.selectedEntity2=&zip=28214&distance=50000&searchChanged=true&modelChanged=false&filtersModified=true&sortType=MILEAGE&sortDirection=ASC#listing=162374307

Ive seen the first one. Way overpriced for what it is...IMO.

Second and third links I like both trucks but being 2,200 miles away from me, thats a looooong trip. Haha.

Ive seen the first one. Way overpriced for what it is...IMO.

Second and third links I like both trucks but being 2,200 miles away from me, thats a looooong trip. Haha.

Everything is negotiable... I wasn't sure where your located. I think if your patient something will come along.

X3. The only thing that has started bugging me lately is the 4 speed. I'm used to more cogs in some of the other cars I have. The huge step between gears can get a little tiring but still don't want a new 60K truck payment. Some of the "tech" can be added, I'm still trying to figure out the best way to put a rear camera in and a blue tooth. The latter is not that critical a I don't talk on the phone much in the truck and I don't want an aftermarket radio... I hate the way they look.

Bluetooth is a snap. If you can set up the aux input (like the hack into the XM wiring as detailed on the forum) then hooking up a bluetooth dongle is no sweat; I added one to my 300 using the aux input but was a little more work on the car because to get aux you have to put in an aftermarket piece like from PAC Audio or iSimple. Anyway this piece here -> https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00BYGEVA4/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1works like a freaking champ. Just give it key on 12V and ground and hook up the aux and you're good to go. Pairs quickly, no annoying start-up chimes or anything, just works. *Edit - guess I could clarify, a snap for streaming music from your phone, obviously if you want handsfree then you've got a little more work/different solution.

Well after exchanging a few texts with the guy in Dallas, I've given up trying to contact him any more. I've asked three times for him to give me the VIN number so I can run a Carfax and have had no response. Also, the lack of any detail in the responses I did get out of him made me feel like he isn't a very motivated seller, or he just does not care to take the time to answer questions about the truck. Oh well, the search continues. I want to buy a truck from someone who will at least take the deal seriously and seems to give two shits about what they are selling.

craigslist full of flakes both on seller and buyer side, I hate using it for anything but it does get a lot of exposure. There's also a lot of scams but they're usually pretty obvious; that ad looked real though or I wouldn't have linked it. Who knows. I'd think someone trying to sell an enthusiast-type vehicle during Christmas would be more responsive. I know I was amazed as hell I sold my Magnum SRT8 just a couple weeks ago, for asking price...to a craigslist responder.

Richard

Edited by someotherguy (see edit history)

I know I was amazed as hell I sold my Magnum SRT8 just a couple weeks ago, for asking price...to a craigslist responder.

Richard

If the magnum is gone, think it's time to change that profile pic lol, and maybe it's also time to get that silver birch SS off your hands. ;D

If the magnum is gone, think it's time to change that profile pic lol, and maybe it's also time to get that silver birch SS off your hands. ;D

That in the pik is seems to be a 300 srt not a magnum lol.... and I know I like his silver SS too but I like the intimidator better ?

That in the pik is seems to be a 300 srt not a magnum lol.... and I know I like his silver SS too but I like the intimidator better ?

It is right? I was going to say 300, but after him saying magnum, well we know what happens when you "assume." Yeah, he did really good work restoring her, looks fantastic! Wonder if he has plans on bringing thw stance down some day? ? :]

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, I am thinking about selling my blue 03 SS.

It has always been garaged. No smoke. Very low mileage, 43000.

Last year had every fluid and all belts replaced. New red top battery and tires then as well.

It has a bed rug and an ARE hard cover on it.

Oh, it also has the shopman1 SS Bow tie on it as well LOL. I am shoman1.

Reason thinking about selling it, I have a hot rod in mind for a purchase.

If interested you can email me at: [email protected]

Living in north Florida.

Not going to wholesale it, sorry. LOL

post-661-0-56669000-1482891753_thumb.jpeg

Edited by shopman1 (see edit history)

Greetings Zach

I have been putting off selling my 2003 Arrival Blue SS but now it is time. I ordered it and have enjoyed it but now don't need a truck and it is BIG in the garage. It has 66,600 +/- miles. It never has been the only vehicle to drive. It is the gray interior. I ordered it and it has Onstar, XM radio, Heavy duty trailering, & Dual AC. It is UNMOLESTED with the exception of a pin stripe, tinted glass, and a bed liner. It has never been wrecked except

my dad did back into a tree with the gate down some time ago and I am having the tailgate replaced now. I went to pick it up and the paint did not match They are having to repaint. It has always been serviced on schedule and the engine does have a wonderful rumble. it has always been in a climate controlled garage. I am posting this before I have taken pictures and will not be able to do that for a couple of days as I am away tomorrow. I am located in Fredericksburg, TX. <script data-cfhash='f9e31' type="text/javascript">/* */</script> I am asking $18,500.00. If you have any interest or questions mail me. Buddy

Greetings Zach

I have been putting off selling my 2003 Arrival Blue SS but now it is time. I ordered it and have enjoyed it but now don't need a truck and it is BIG in the garage. It has 66,600 +/- miles. It never has been the only vehicle to drive. It is the gray interior. I ordered it and it has Onstar, XM radio, Heavy duty trailering, & Dual AC. It is UNMOLESTED with the exception of a pin stripe, tinted glass, and a bed liner. It has never been wrecked except

my dad did back into a tree with the gate down some time ago and I am having the tailgate replaced now. I went to pick it up and the paint did not match They are having to repaint. It has always been serviced on schedule and the engine does have a wonderful rumble. it has always been in a climate controlled garage. I am posting this before I have taken pictures and will not be able to do that for a couple of days as I am away tomorrow. I am located in Fredericksburg, TX. <script data-cfhash='f9e31' type="text/javascript">/* */</script> I am asking $18,500.00. If you have any interest or questions mail me. Buddy

This sound like :spam: to anyone else? Haha

Edited by zachm89 (see edit history)