Stainless braided line conversion kit

twiztidss

Blew a brake line in the SS yesterday. Since the rest of the lines are on their way out Id like to replace all the lines. I can just do the oem stuff but has anyone done a braided kit? Do you have a link for the SS one? Id rather upgrade while Im in there. Thinking about replacing all the brake lines with braided and possibly my transmission lines as well. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks in advance

They dont make a braided line kit for whole truck. Braided are just used at wheel ends. If you want to upgrade get a stainless hard lines..... One place is classic tube. They are out of Michigan and I have used their products on my Chevelle.

Thanks for your advice. I found Dorman made a stainless prebent kit with all the connections on it (Dorman 919-101) for less than $80 shipped. Does anyone have any advice that will facilitate the install? I read somewhere that they recommended disconnecting the e brake and loosening the body mounts on one side of the truck and jacking it up with 4x4s or 2x4s. Any advice or tips to help this PITA job would be much appreciated. Thanks!

• 2 years later...

Bump.  I have the same issue in my 2003 AWD SSS. I blew a hard brake line and can't find a Dorman kit besides the 919-101, but they claim it isn't for our AWD SS trucks.  It seems to be for 4WD 1500 trucks. only, but I can't find definitive answers.  Has anyone tried the Dorman 919-101 kit or used an other successfully?  The Classit kit is nearly $400, while the Dorman is under $100.  Granted the Classic seems to include the braided line upgrade for the flexible lines.  My 16 year old son is driving the truck while I drive my G8 and I want it safe for him, so I want to do all the brake lines.  This was originally an east coast truck, so the underside definitely shows some rust on alot of the lines.  Any information would be appreceiated.  

• 6 months later...