Trying to get Flex fuel in my PCM

dyocis

So....after some fiddling with HPTuners, installing my ethanol sensor, and wiring it to pin 56 on the blue connector, I've found out that my PCM doesn't have flex fuel turned on as an option.  The fields are there to change, but it doesn't actually read ALC% or change fueling tables.   The solutions vary, but there seems to be only one real one.

1.  I can try and find a P59 tune with the same OS as me (12593058) that has flex fuel turned on from factory, or

2.  (The only real option because 1. doesn't exist)  Buy another PCM with an OS that supports flex fuel and use that as my TUNED PCM

3.  I'm not sure if this can be done, but maybe a real tuner can change the OS of my PCM and add in the segments that I need to run flex fuel?

My question is:  What have others done?  I've read as much as I can and watched all the youtubes, but I'm a little confused about what the best PCM to get is that will give me the most versatility going forward.  Another concern is that I live in CA and I've got to pass smog, so the VIN and OS has to match.  I'm thinking that I'll just keep the stock PCM and use it for smog testing and use another for all the other times, kinda like my long tube headers :) 

I may be completely wrong about how I'm understanding this issue, and if I am, please let me know.  I'm just trying to figure this out.