replacing just two tires

GSXR

GM/Goodyear is going to replace two of my tires because of high road force numbers. But they will only replace two, I have 21000 miles on my tires. They say that it is okay. I think it will be a problem because of the awd. Anyone know if it will be a problem?

GM/Goodyear is going to replace two of my tires because of high road force numbers.  But they will only replace two,  I have 21000 miles on my tires.  They say that it is okay.  I think it will be a problem because of the awd.  Anyone know if it will be a problem?

I have heard/seen problems with AWD systems ( GM, Ford, etc.) with mismatched tires doing some damage. The most common problem being different size tires front to rear even side to side, usually front axle. Usually there is about 1/2 to 1 inch difference in diameter between tire sizes(up or down a size) I would check to see how much tread you have left on the old tires. If it's more than 1/4 inch (8/32) difference replace the other tires as well. I know that doesn't seem like a lot, but it's still cheaper than replacing the viscous coupler or front diff components. Cheap insurance as the damage happens over time. Buy 2 get 2 free- sell the used ones to somebody with a 2x4...WIN-WIN

• 3 weeks later...

Archived