Looking for audio advice

Big10Fan

My Bose Speakers are "Clipped" in and did not make any sound. What does rattle is the rods that connect the door handle and the manual locking mechanism, I still have not be able to stop these from rattling! I also put 10 sq feet of dynamat on each door, This helps, but not as much as I thought it would.

In this pic you can see the metal rod that runs up and across to the manual unlock lock switch

652077_26_full.jpg

Here is the wood trim ring that I made to keep the vibration down even more, notice more dynamat behind this too..

652077_27_full.jpg

Here is the inside of the door skins, I could use more dynamat here and might double it up if i can get rid of handle rattle

652077_28_full.jpg

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

6.0SS .... just explained the secret to Boise house speakers....it's not the size or the power it is about wave length and good design.....Nice work...I am glad to see someone that understands the importance of good design. :D:cheers:

• 2 weeks later...

My advice:

Infinity are great speakers and subs, they employ some of the best acoustic engineers in the world.

Buy as much RELIABLE power as you can afford. It is my opinion that Rockford Fosgate, MTX, JL Audio are the most reliable in the market place.

You stock CD head unit will be fine to use. Many aftermarket head units are not better than stock.

Power wise, your stock electrical system is sufficient for a 2000 watts rms system IF you do not play with the engine off. This is because the crest factor of most music is 10 to 15 dB. I recommend the Optima red top battery if you feel you need a little boost.

Kicker is pretty reliable too. I only have beend usind Rockord and Kicker for a while but now I am goona try to change a little. Im tryn out Alpine right now and then moving to Audiobahn. Im gonna try out the compression pistons and try to get three of em under the seat, 12s that is.

Dont know what else to try though. JL is good but too expensive.

i just got back from tweeter and got the worse quote for a full install....$480 to install a system?wtf?I have money, but jeez I'm not spending $500 just to install it, anyone in mass wanna help me? =D

I'd help if you were in KY. Installs is a big rip if you have it done, unless you know someone. It can be hard work, but $480 worth!! That's crazy. You might want to check out www.crutchfield.com and get a spec sheet on your truck. It shows diagrams on how to remove and install all your speakers(factory stuff). I've used them before when I'm working on something new. Good luck...post pics when complete :thumbs:

well then we are on!!! LOL

I get to visit an area of the country I have never been to and do an audio install wich is one of my favorite things to do!!!! Dam this is good.

I will also need my whole wood working shop freighted out there and my 5 gallon drums of resin and hardenr if we get crazy with your truck!! :ughdance:

well then we are on!!! LOL

I get to visit an area of the country I have never been to and do an audio install wich is one of my favorite things to do!!!!  Dam this is good.

I will also need my whole wood working shop freighted out there and my 5 gallon drums of resin and hardenr if we get crazy with your truck!!  :ughdance:

yea lemme just run it by my parents :icon_bs:

NO seriously though, If you were from chicago I would do it for like a quarter to half of that tweeter price!! Find some one you trust in there area that would hook you up. Buy them a case of beer and dinner and you will be set!!!

Archived