vette servo

The billett servos are better for what the servos do, but you need to know that there is a significant difference in the firmness of the shift btwn the two, with the harder shift coming from the billett servos. Some like that, some don't.

I don't think one servo over the next is going to make any difference in speed. Without tuning to go with it to reduce the amount of time the shift takes, nobody is going anywhere much quicker than stock. Shift kits or servos may give you .1sec in a 1/4. In other words, it shouldn't be considered a way to increase your speed, IMO.

My main concern with a shift kit is the warranty issue. Is there a chance of doing damage to your warranty with a shift kit. I have had some issues already with my SS. Would they know right off the bat if they opened your tranny op that you have a shift kit?

Yes they would unless you do the same type of thing that I am doing. I got zippy drilled valve body seperator plate, and a vette servo. They can't see the difference in the valve body seperator plate, and they would have to be looking for a vette servo to notice that it had one instead of the stock one. Many techs probably wouldn't even know that our 4l65e didn't come with a vette servo in the first place. Most techs don't see many SS's.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived