New guy here - Just got my SS!!!

orion :: SS

"styleandspeed" - Great reply...thanks.

I have one (offset in, center out) Magnaflow 2.5" muffler, and I';m considering buying another to use, both in the stock location (side by side). I'd prefer it to be quieter anyway...I have a LOUD car to drive if I like!

- - - - -

BTW...

I did my first mod yesterday...K&N drop in plus a "swiss cheesed" airbox (a bunch of well placed 1/2" holes in the front/lower portion of the airbox). Throttle response seems better, and it feels faster by the butt dyno.

WOT sound is much improved as well...nice and throaty.

I like this truck more every time I drive it!

- Brian

Could you please tell me about your smoked headlights?

Smokey - Mine are stock...

I assume you meant that question for "ssjonathan"...he posted a link to his truck (the "cardomain" site) a few posts up.

Mine is the red one in the first post, his is the black one with the smoked lights.

Sorry I can't be of more help...

- Brian :chevy:

Welcome to the site Brian! I love to visit this site and it's members. A bunch of really great guys!

I bought my 2003 SS in August of 2003, installed a SuperChips Tuner, tinted the windows and bought a BedRug right away, then a month later installed a Volant Cold Air Intake. Now Volant has improved the design and it is advertised as making twice the power improvements. The enclosed box design is by far the best one out there.

If I were to do it over again, I would get a PCM 4 Less tune instead. I hope to install long tube headers, and a full exhaust.

This truck is very nice to drive by my standards, so I know you'll grow fonder of yours over time. I wouldn't trade mine for anything! My other vehicle is a 1991 Silverado Reg cab short bed, two wheel drive, which was getting very cramped with my wife and son in the cab. We all enjoy and comment on the purchase of the SS everytime when travel in it!

Keep us all informed of your progress and adventures. Drive safely, keep a towell in the truck to mop up all of the drool from admirers!

SuperDave :cheers:

Arrival, I have installed the two flowmasters in place of the factory muffler and split the exhaust out each side. I have been very happy and it sounds great!!! :cheers:

Thanks. I've run Flowmasters on just about every car I've had since the late 80s, early 90s. I just love the way they sound. Can't wait to do this one. Have to wait till after Christmas, though. :D

Brian, Welcome...... does the "ORION" have anything to do with a Navy P3? If so, I guess we all have our cross in life to bear...... RRDS is a local Navy fellow too who I think is in the P3 Navy as well....... Enjoy your new truck..... the lovely Florida weather.. it's 27 up here in Southern Maryland and yes I miss the Orange Park area (except during the Christmas Shopping Season :banghead: ) like a P3 sailor misses his per diem check!!

Enjoy.... Hannibal :driving:

...maybe even at a red light! :thumbs:  :jester:

If we do, I hope I'm in my 240SX (1/4 mile: Low-13s at ~110mph)...!!! :P

...does the "ORION" have anything to do with a Navy P3?

It does not...it's actually from an old work e-mail address...I started using "orion" on some of the 240SX forums, and it's carried over to here.

"Orion Fitness" is the family business...we have 3 health clubs in the SouthEast (Oxford, MS / Gainesville, FL / Orange Park, FL). I run the business side of all 3 for my "nine-to-five"...

www.orionfitness.com (if anyone cares...hehe)

Thanks again everyone for the warm welcome...

- Brian

Brian,  Welcome...... does the "ORION" have anything to do with a Navy P3?  If so, I guess we all have our cross in life to bear...... RRDS is a local Navy fellow too who I think is in the P3 Navy as well.......  Enjoy your new truck..... the lovely Florida weather.. it's 27 up here in Southern Maryland and yes I miss the Orange Park area (except during the Christmas Shopping Season :banghead: ) like a P3 sailor misses his per diem check!! 

Enjoy....  Hannibal  :driving:

Per Diem, boy do I miss those checks!! :thumbs:

Orion, I hope I dont run into your 240, that would be no fun for me, plus, I shouldnt be that much faster than your stocker. :ughdance:

Archived