Race heads

The flow numbers I posted earlier are 'advertized'. No flow card was included with the heads (I expected one).

This really isn't about flow, though. These heads probably do flow well, but polishing the chambers doesn't impact flow that much anyway. Smooth chambers promote better swirl and a better burn, to my understanding.

UPDATE:

The heads are going back to APE.

I talked to Chris about it, and they just don't believe the process is effective. They don't have the facility to do a CNC cut for the chambers, but Chris did offer to take the heads and pnp the chambers by hand.

My issues with this are: 1) if they don't believe it's effective, it won't be done as well as by a shop that does -- simply because they never pnp the chambers, 2) if it isn't very effective from their shop, there is no reason to have them do the work, 3) if "fully cnc'd" doesn't include chambers, what else is waiting to be discovered 4) I'm a bit frustrated that after four months, I'd still be waiting on them.

It may be that these heads would make good power. If they were $1500 heads, I'd probably be keeping them. But if you are going to sell heads that compete with full cnc'd heads in terms of price, it should compete across the board.

Chris was all very good about the whole thing. Each engine builder has their own theories about what makes power, and I have no problem with APE's slant except it doesn't match mine or my engine builder's and they didn't tell me in advance.

Erik, here are some pictures of my heads..

Mine are not the most expensive you can get, but they are hand finished and are working well....

My flow #'s are under about 3-4%

Ben does have a good point, if that is what they flow sheet says thats what they could be.....

67537761.jpg

67537759.jpg

67537692.jpg

Jeff, are those RGRs?

Archived