Smoked by

SSoCal

I just got beat by my friends Enterprise rent-a-dakota. to add insult to injury, he had two passengers their backpacks and a six-pack...we get to a stop sign, i put it in first, then we punch it. were equal for a second, maybe, then he starts pulling me with no end in sight. pfff what gives? :tear:

:withstupid:

But i don't think a new dakota should have beat you. I know a hemi durango does 0-60 in about 8.0 -8.2 seconds, and the dakota is about 600 pounds ligher, so even if the dakota had the hemi in it it should not have smoked you, maybe kept up with you but all the rental car companies rarely bring in the more expensive model pickups most rentals are 4.7s in the rams, so i wouldn't know why they'd rent your friend a hemi dakota. I don't know any stats on how fast the hemi dakota but based on its comparison of the durango with the hemi every 100 pounds is about .1 in the 1/4 mile the it should be .6 seconds faster than the durango approximately. According to motortrend the durango does the 1/4 mile in like 15.8-15.9 seconds so it is still slower than a stock SS. So I don't know why he smoked you. Were you towing a trailer or hauling lots of stuff in the bed, have the floor matt stuck under the gas pedal? Because it shouldn't have just pulled away from you.

I didn't think the Hemi was available in the Dakota yet.

It isn't and it won't be according to dodge. The modification required to get the current HEMI between the fenders wouldn't be cost effective and if they won't stick in the 5.7 I doubt they'll try it w/ the 6.1 HEMI that comes out next year.

Theres no reason any of us should have much of a fight from a stock Dakota

its a slightly older dakota, not sure what engine tho. hes still renting it so ill find out later. although i agree that a stock dakota should not beat an ss, it happened.. maybe it was my rubber floor mats weighing me down, plus the drag from the xm antenna.

Doesn't sound right. I think the quickest stock Dakota ever was the 5.9 R/T with like 240 HP and decent torque? I would think you would have wasted even that in a standard cab... :eek:

In my experience, even when I was stock, I never lost to another truck in the first 100 feet or so from a launch. The AWD is just a really big advantage off the line. :cool:

I would have expected you to jump all over any unmodded Dakota and just keep pulling away up to highway speeds. Did you ever take it out of first? :wtf:

Unless Enterprise is getting its trucks from Mopar Performance or what not. :dunno:

Doesn't sound right. I think the quickest stock Dakota ever was the 5.9 R/T with like 240 HP and decent torque? I would think you would have wasted even that in a standard cab... :eek:

In my experience, even when I was stock, I never lost to another truck in the first 100 feet or so from a launch. The AWD is just a really big advantage off the line.  :cool:

I would have expected you to jump all over any unmodded Dakota and just keep pulling away up to highway speeds. Did you ever take it out of first?  :wtf:

Unless Enterprise is getting its trucks from Mopar Performance or what not.  :dunno:

R/T's stock only came with 250 hp and I do not think a rental place would be using R/T's.Its more than likely the 4.7 with 235 hp and weighs about 1000lbs less than an SS. The SS still should have kicked his butt

Archived