Regular Cab SS

RedzFisher225

:chevy: I'm just curious to when it's going to happen.. Does anyone know, or heard from Chevrolet, from like corporate if their ever going to make one ? I'm in college now, and own an S-10 SS with a Vortech Supercharger. Only bad thing, I'm 6'2 and I look like a giant in the mini truck. I've been waiting from Gm to come out with it already. Enough talk, and do it. For around 23,000 $ Plus, I'll be at the dealer the day they come in to pick one up in Black. I'm tired of seenin lightning's and hearing them talk shit about the ext. cab ss. It's nice, but it's like a family sport truck. Ext. Cab isn't for racing. One day I guess..... That 6.0L with a T-56 Manual with 3.73 posi in the rear with tear apart those lightning's stock.

I wouldn't hold your breath n00b... Zippy's been waiting... and waiting... and waiting... and waiting... and it hasn't happened yet. :banghead:

Buy a regular cab 1500 and build it up yourself. You can even get the right front end clip to make it look like an SS. :thumbs:

:repost: But why not 4.10 gears and AWD. That way we can have the advantage and be unique at the same time. But we are gonna need that magna also ;)

Yeah I think still having the AWD would be cool too. I'm not even that concerned about price. At this point I'd even pay extended cab price especially if it could run with the $45,000 SRT-10 Ram. Just give me something like the vette, good price and whips on cars more expensive.

:chevy: But with 4.10 gears you have no top end and your turning to many rpm's over. That's just adding to being a gas guzzler. Ext. Cab weighs it down to much. I thought the meaning of SS was naturally aspirated Big Block V8's and tricked 350's with no superchargers. All natural. Their's no replacement for displacement. We should drop the 8.1L 496 HO into a Regular cab with a 6 speed, but with 4.10 gears then. It would keep up with an SRT-10 with a few engine mod's. I guess when you make salary, you don't care about price, but since I'm in college, I going to just get a 5.3L reg cab swb and do the tricking out my self and make it into a custom SS.

I have a reg cab swb 1500, and since chevy isn't making an SS in a truck like mine :banghead: , I'm going to make mine into an SS. I already bought and OEM Grill and front bumper, and this week, I am picking up the wheels and rear bumper from adams2003 :thumbs: . I am hoping that within the next couple of months I will have all the parts, including a 6.0 and 6 spd :driving: to do the conversion. I will make sure to post pics of before and after the conversion. I will also be hoping to be able to answer any questions on the conversion. :thumbs:

I have a reg cab swb 1500, and since chevy isn't making an SS in a truck like mine :banghead: , I'm going to make mine into an SS.  I already bought and OEM Grill and front bumper, and this week, I am picking up the wheels and rear bumper from adams2003 :thumbs: .  I am hoping that within the next couple of months I will have all the parts, including a 6.0 and 6 spd  :driving:  to do the conversion.  I will make sure to post pics of before and after the conversion.  I will also be hoping to be able to answer any questions on the conversion. :thumbs:

Must be made of money buddy.

Just my opinion but I do hpoe you are not going to leave it BURCH

Oh and unless you do the complete conversion, AWD, ALL the interior, have cladding made, excetra. It will look just a little better that the rest of the fakers. and still by most will not be a true SS.

I know this all sounds real negative, but I think we have all read post like this and haven't read about a good finished one yet.

I think it would be trick as hell and not that Im an expert, but if you need any help I could give, dont hesitate to ask.

If your real serious...

JOSH

GOODLUCK :thumbs:

This guy just might do it :cheers:

the cladding isn't a big deal and can be done fairly easily. the awd, who the hell would add all of that weight? keep it 2wd. as for the interior, it's a bolt in. when you see a regular cab ss in person, it wasn't a difficult swap.

I have a reg cab swb 1500, and since chevy isn't making an SS in a truck like mine :banghead: , I'm going to make mine into an SS.  I already bought and OEM Grill and front bumper, and this week, I am picking up the wheels and rear bumper from adams2003 :thumbs: .  I am hoping that within the next couple of months I will have all the parts, including a 6.0 and 6 spd  :driving:  to do the conversion.  I will make sure to post pics of before and after the conversion.  I will also be hoping to be able to answer any questions on the conversion. :thumbs:

Must be made of money buddy.

Just my opinion but I do hpoe you are not going to leave it BURCH

Oh and unless you do the complete conversion, AWD, ALL the interior, have cladding made, excetra. It will look just a little better that the rest of the fakers. and still by most will not be a true SS.

I know this all sounds real negative, but I think we have all read post like this and haven't read about a good finished one yet.

I think it would be trick as hell and not that Im an expert, but if you need any help I could give, dont hesitate to ask.

If your real serious...

JOSH

GOODLUCK :thumbs:

This guy just might do it :cheers:

As for the fact of me being made of money :confused: , I wish! I am just a 19 year old college student, who works 6 days a week at 10 hrs. a day at a local Race Engine shop. Every dollar I have is a dollar that I earned. I haven't had any help from no one. Unfortunatly at the time of the purchase of my truck, I didn't have the money to get a SS. Plus I would rather have a 2wd reg cab. With the amount of work that I do now, saving money isn't that big of a deal. Besides I am going to sell my 69 chevelle race car here real soon and with the money from that and selling the motor and tranny out of my truck, the conversion of the 6.0 and 6 spd :driving: . is going to be just around the corner. I know that mine will be a fake, but I don't care. It is what I want. Besides, the SS never came with a 6 spd. I like the color Burch. I would have rather had the silver that came in limited production on the 02? silverado's (more silver) but I am happy with my color. Everybody has the right to their own opinion and I respect that you are expressing yours. My version will just be my opinion of the ultimate reg cab silverado SS. Thanks for your input. :thumbs:

Archived