Silverado SS Bumper Reinforcement Brace

Big O

Bumper Brace

Hey guys I bought one of these from this guy on ebay....it is a direct bolt up and is pretty good idea....I know with a little time and some materials you could build your own but I figured this one is already tried and true and fits like a glove.

With everyone talking about winter and ice....I figured I would put this out in case you guys haven't thought about how flimsy the lower valance is.

Take it or leave it...I just thought I would throw it out there for those of you who didn't think about it.

:driving:

Good Idea, but GM spends Millions of dollars engineering and crash testing vehicles and something like this could affect the deployment of the airbags. What would you rather have a cracked bumper or a cracked skull?

If people would watch how they drive, there would be no need for this.

If people would watch how they drive, there would be no need for this.

Well i have one because i live in the boonies...and if you drove back country roads 90% of the time then MAYBE you would understand. If you dont have one, thats your opinion but dont rag on those that do. :yellow_loser:

If you go out and get under your truck and lightly push and pull on the lower bumper under the license plate, youll see how flimsy it is. With hard snow around here its almost a must have. When youre at work all day and come home to a driveway that has been burried by all the plows...you dont have much of a choice.

When youre at work all day and come home to a driveway that has been burried by all the plows...you dont have much of a choice.

Sure you do! Go get a 2500HD and put a big lift and some 38's under it :jester:

I had that! Then i wanted something new. I miss the offroad capability. :sigh:

I don't think it's that bad of an idea...you know the saying "an ounce of prevention" but to each their own. And it doesn't have to be snow ... debris on the highways, animals, other vehicles ... there are multiple problems it "helps". Dylan knows first hand about crap hitting your truck without you being able to do anything about it.

Unless I am missing something I have no idea why it would interfere with the air bags and safety devices?

As for GM spending millions on research and developement .... isn't this the same site where people are complaining about short lines on their gas caps, steering columns, wind noise, tail gate cables, give me a f'ing break.

I do think the guy went over board trying to sell them on this board though, something like 3 different threads ... that much I don't think is very cool ... I'm not trying to sell anyone on the product, but it seems to work just fine for me.

:pop:

Archived