non intercooled radix

vtodd82

What kind of price did you get on the non-intercooled one? :confused:

You requested a price quotation for: Magna Charger Non-Intercooled Supercharger System for 1999-2003 GM Truck/SUV w/ 4.8/5.3/6.0L (silver stardust) [more info]

Part Number: 01-10-48/53/60-001/002

SuperchargersOnline.com*: $3,790.00

List Price: $3990

You Save: $200

It should fit fine, but don't expect near the results from this kit as from the Radix.  Intercooling is a huge benefit of the Radix.  You'd be better off with a Kenne Bell if you want non-intercooled.

what exactly does the intercooler do to make these huge gains you talk of. i know its an stupid question, but i dont know superchargers concept to well.

It should fit fine, but don't expect near the results from this kit as from the Radix.  Intercooling is a huge benefit of the Radix.  You'd be better off with a Kenne Bell if you want non-intercooled.

what exactly does the intercooler do to make these huge gains you talk of. i know its an stupid question, but i dont know superchargers concept to well.

simply put... it cools the air.

cooler air = more hp

simply put... it cools the air.

cooler air = more hp

i have a k & n cai with functional ram air with the keystone good hood, would that at make a difference, or does that not effect the s/c

i have a k & n cai with functional ram air with the keystone good hood,  would that at make a difference, or does that not effect the s/c

CAI and ram air are good, but they don't cool in the same way an intercooler will. Think of it as a seperate radiator JUST for the air being fed in thru the S/Cer. Basically running a intercooler means you'll get the coolest, most dense, air into the engine.

i have a k & n cai with functional ram air with the keystone good hood,  would that at make a difference, or does that not effect the s/c

CAI and ram air are good, but they don't cool in the same way an intercooler will. Think of it as a seperate radiator JUST for the air being fed in thru the S/Cer. Basically running a intercooler means you'll get the coolest, most dense, air into the engine.

ok, thx alot for the help dylan

just finished reading some info on a tech page and it stated that an intercooler does not produce any significant gains when the boost is under 10 psi, and also when a secondary belt drives is used like the wynjammer or the powerdyne it runs much cooler, eliminating the need for an intercooler. i am in confusion now. couldnt i just buy the non intercooled magna charger and only run 8 psi boost.?

anybody ever heard of that? dont know if its solid info. guess you would have to see at the strip.

what ya think?

From the other thread:

I'd run from anyone who tells you an intercooler doesn't produce significant gains. The secondary belt drive eliminating the need for an intercooler line is also crap. What is closer to the truth is that wynjammer/ powerdyne units CAN'T make more than 10psi, and probably can't come close to 10psi on our trucks (probably limited to 5psi or less).

Here's the skinny. Intercooled boost is ALWAYS better than non-intercooled boost -- at any pressure. It's true that you can get away with non-intercooled boost for up to 10psi, but my personal experience is that without some kind of cooling, 7.5psi is about as much boost as you want.

What intercoolers do is push the detonation threshold back, so that you can run more boost, or more timing at the same boost, or lower octane at the same boost and timing.

The radix magnacharger is one of the best superchargers out there. It is always going to beat a non-intercooled version.

From the other thread:

I'd run from anyone who tells you an intercooler doesn't produce significant gains. The secondary belt drive eliminating the need for an intercooler line is also crap. What is closer to the truth is that wynjammer/ powerdyne units CAN'T make more than 10psi, and probably can't come close to 10psi on our trucks (probably limited to 5psi or less).

Here's the skinny. Intercooled boost is ALWAYS better than non-intercooled boost -- at any pressure. It's true that you can get away with non-intercooled boost for up to 10psi, but my personal experience is that without some kind of cooling, 7.5psi is about as much boost as you want.

What intercoolers do is push the detonation threshold back, so that you can run more boost, or more timing at the same boost, or lower octane at the same boost and timing.

The radix magnacharger is one of the best superchargers out there. It is always going to beat a non-intercooled version.

good call berserker, you know your stuff. i figured somebody would have some answers to that. i honestly didnt know, i just saw it on the internet, but ya know how that is. thanks alot. one question though, do you think the non intercooled magnacharger will do some good. its about 1400 dollars less, would the $ be worth it either way you look at it?

From the other thread:

good call berserker, you know your stuff. i figured somebody would have some answers to that. i honestly didnt know, i just saw it on the internet, but ya know how that is. thanks alot. one question though, do you think the non intercooled magnacharger will do some good. its about 1400 dollars less, would the $ be worth it either way you look at it?

I would strongly suggest the intercooled version. I think you'll be happier with it in the long run.

Archived