Just KILLED an RT

BigTsBadSS

Verification?  Experiences?  :icon_bs:

No one ever likes to hear that another vehicle can beat the one they drive. Contrary to belief by some here, a R/T is quite capable of taking down a SS and visa versa. Reading these pissing matches is indeed quite funny. Taking it personally because someone says they can beat your truck is sad. Both the R/T and the SSS perform well but they can be beaten and neither are gods gift to the automotive world as some make them out to be. I like my truck and you like yours. That is just swell. I might beat a SSS or I might lose but either way, who cares enough to get into major arguements over it?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You guys must be talking about the older style dakotas? If so my friend had one for a couple of years and I have to say they are cool little trucks. Stock for stock I dont think they are going to beat a newer SSS unless the guy driving the silverado is having a bad day.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Just for reference, and please people dont start a fight over it, but what have some of you run with your SS close to stock? I've heard their numbers all over the place so just kinda wanted to hear from actual SS owners where they usually are. Thanx

-Sam

01 Silver R/T Dak

**EDIT** I know this was a old ass thread, was just reading thru and picked it to ask the question heh.

Just for reference, and please people dont start a fight over it, but what have some of you run with your SS close to stock? I've heard their numbers all over the place so just kinda wanted to hear from actual SS owners where they usually are. Thanx

-Sam

01 Silver R/T Dak

**EDIT** I know this was a old ass thread, was just reading thru and picked it to ask the question heh.

SS run from high 14s to mid 15s, stock I've run 14.9. Ginnie has a vid of her stock SS. Heres the link the the thread

http://www.silveradoss.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=10596

SS run from high 14s to mid 15s, stock I've run 14.9. Ginnie has a vid of her stock SS. Heres the link the the thread

http://www.silveradoss.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=10596

That sounds about right. Lot of people dont take weather and elevation as well as track prep into concideration when talking about stock times. I'm at about 1200 ft elevation and have run in 95 degree weather at close to midnight (LOL Phoenix sucks) and have seem some stuff that no one would believe. An SS at my track that night with those conditions ran a 15.8 twice as his bests. I didn't take that night to heart at ALL cuz were talking GT stangs running 15 flat or barely better all night long. Just one HORRIBLE night to race anything. I also ran a 15.5 tht night stock with bigger tires then comes stock, so I was negetive stock LOL. My best 60' was also like 2.39 when my AVG at Firebird was 2.2 with a 2.14 best on the same crappy GTII 30" tires. So my point is that any night can change a vehicle drastically and to never listen to times that people say and judge that vehicle. After that I didn't think the SS's were slow, but that one was that night big deal. So was my RT, some people may look and say my truck sucked ass cuz it ran a Mid 15. It's all about what you can do when you line up next to them Hehe. *End of Rant*

-Sam

01 Silver R/T Dak

Archived