What's the best brand of fuel to use with the SS

SSThunder

Who makes the best gas to use with our trucks? I use BP or Shell 98% of the time but sometimes I do get gas at Krogers because of the price. Who produces the fuel for such places like Kroger and Wal-Mart? Would like to know because Kroger brand is cheaper in KY. Right now in Louisville, KY I can get 93 octane at $1.719 using Kroger card. :driving:

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I try to use Chevron as much as possible. If you look at their website the Big Three (ford, chevy, dodge) have been using them for a long time. So if chevy says its good for their test cars and initial production its good enough for me :chevy: . Besides they are reasonably priced in comparison to other companies out here. Yeah and we get raped here in vegas, right now 91 which is pretty much the highest you can get out here is 2.10. :banghead:

From what I have heard, they usually get their gas from the same tank farms, just adding a few different additives depending on which brand it is going to be. :sigh: I wish it was possible to buy better quality, but here in SoCal, we are stuck with our "smog preventing" and performance inhibiting boutique blend.

I only use BP gas here in KC (93-0ctane). I used to haul gas for a living. I don't know if it is still this way but, BP (AMOCO) was produced in their own refineries and was of superior quality. TEXACO had their own pipeline as well. So did Sinclair. But, ALL OTHER GAS came out of the same pipeline.

T :chevy:

the place does not matter to me it all seems to be the same, but thats just my opinion.

all i know is that when im at home the columbus, ga/ phenix city, al area gas is a lot cheaper than athens, ga

at home i can get gas around 1.75 for 93-octane but in athens its about 2.06

what is bp? we do have crap gas here i  so cal.not to mention crap prices, the only place to get 93 i have seen is at certain 76's,

Beyond or British Petroleum, and they use Amaco fuels. (I think they changed their name) Most Amaco stations have been revamped into BP's now.

It's all I use. I like it because it's been refined more to get rid of a few extra impurities. Look at the gas in a clear container, it's mostly clear. ;)

Archived