• Leather Solid
    • Vinyl Solid
    • Leather with Tray like original
    • Vinyl with Tray like original

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I picked out the leather last Thursday. My console lid will be a solid top padded armrest.

There will also be an option to have a "cover" with the tray like the original.

I am sending a PM to Mervz to discuss selling these.

Looks like if you want it done, you will need to send your console lid to us and it will be returned complete.

There is a synthetic leather available which is less expensive, but it is just a little lighter than the leather in the SS.

We will also be offering these for other GM trucks such as Silverado & Sierra, Tahoe, Yukon, Yukon XL, Suburban, and Avalanche.

I will have preliminary pricing as soon as I hear back from Mervz and will post pictures as soon as it is complete. Hopefully this week.

First of all I want to let everyone know that this has been discussed with MERVZ.

Here is the info I just posted on GM-Trucks.com

I am looking to see who might be interested in having their GM Fullsize Truck (99-05) Console lid Covered with Leather or made into a comfortable armrest since we know how useless the ones in the seats are.

This would be for all Tahoe's, Yukons, Silverado/Sierra's, Avalanches and Suburbans.

This will first be offered for 03-05 trucks with factory center console, with the 99-02 to follow.

As the question above states, there will be 2 style options and 2 finish options.

First will be a lightly padded cover that will follow the shape of the original console lid.

Second will be a custom padded solid top "Armrest" style cover.

They will be available in Genuine Leather or a Synthetic Leather Look material.

My piece is being done as I type this and I will post pics as soon as it is finished.

Pricing will be finalized as I get a better idea of quantity.

Preliminary Guesses will be from $199.00 to $309.00 depending on options chosen.

$199.00 for Synthetic with Tray

$224.00 for Synthetic Armrest Style

$284.00 for Genuine Leather with Tray

$309.00 for Genuine Leather Armrest Style

$16.00 for return shipping will need to be added.

If there is a good response, the pricing will come down by about $10.00-$20.00 per unit depending upon quantity.

You original Console Lid will need to be shipped to us for Installation and be returned to you ready to install.

Preliminary Guesses will be from $199.00 to $309.00 depending on options chosen.

$199.00 for Synthetic with Tray

$224.00 for Synthetic Armrest Style

$284.00 for Genuine Leather with Tray

$309.00 for Genuine Leather Armrest Style

$16.00 for return shipping will need to be added.

If there is a good response, the pricing will come down by about $10.00-$20.00 per unit

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Uh...am I out of line saying that this is a bit expensive? An entire Katskinz interior is $700. Wow.

Great idea though.

Do you have any pictures. I am very inerested. Will we have to send you the enire lid or just the top piece. I have a slight burn on mine that is why I ask. I want to have it covered. I want to keep the tray though and want to do it in leather.

I'm hoping mine will be done sometime next week. I'm not sure if you will need to send the top only or the entire lid.

I will post pics and details as soon as I have them.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived