SRT-10 Hennessey

ChevySSandChevy8.1

Turns out the 12.7 truck wasn't dead stock, he had a "Magnaflow cat back" exhaust.

Still can't find any links to the 650 Hennessy Ram time. I also think the "650 Hennessy" truck was 650 HORSEPOWER, not 650 CUBIC INCHES.

I think the 650 hp truck run where the driver was being a nitwit is the run you are talking about though...?

I see SOOOOOOO much discrepancy for every kind of every brand of truck it's ridiculous?

Xtreme guys beating R/T Dakotas, R/T Dakotas are 14 and 16 second trucks, depending who you talk to, Lightnings are faster than SRT10 Rams, SRT10s are 12/13/14/15 second trucks, rental Dakotas are faster than SilveradoSS trucks.

Holy crow!

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

my bad...read the article wrong...

...so they removed the stock V-10 for a full rework to Venom stnadards. The 650R V-10 received a from-scratch rebuild including a longer stroke crank, Manley Pro Forged steel rods, and overbore JE 11:1 forged pistons. Supplying enough air/fuel mixture to satisfy the resulting 522 cubes are a pair of fully ported cylinder heads....the result is 670 dyno-proven horsepower (565 measure at the rear tires)...thats a 170 horsepower increase and a 150 pound feet of torque bump...

the 12.7 run they made was on stock tires, which they said were smoking all the way down the track...

they also talk about the Venom 800 package what includes two turbochargers...795 ft torque. blah blah...

and with regards to the R/T or any dakota - never been beaten by one...lightning - only got beat by 2 car lengths...f150 harley truck - only got beat by a half car length...haven't gone up against a SRT-10 yet...

and i don't have to many mods on my truck...cept for exhaust, e-fans, 160 stat, CAI, plug wires, shift kit, servos, and tuned it myself...

It will only cost you $42,000....... :eek:

Dayum... Jeff, you think an ss would run 10.9 with both our setups in the same truck? You take the front axle, I'll take the back :jester:

We'll still have enough left over to hit vegas for a week...

Erik, that would be a sick set up........Well over 1000 Hp..... :thumbs:

Just curious, why theres so many hostile feelings toward Hennessey.

because he is a piece of crap who steels peoples cars, guts them, puts the parts on other caars, or sells them, and gives people back a huge bill, and no goods. There are hundreds of people who have been cheated by henesy. He does not even own his first company anymore, i believe it went under from all of this crap.

Zippy.....Thanks for the eye opener.... :eek:

Being a business owner I really don’t understand what Hennessey is doing to himself. But in the long run, it’s his business! And we as consumers have choices...

The media on the other hand are whores!

How could you publish an article showing that Hennessey does not have a sound business and he is cheating consumers.....A freaking 1 on a 100 scale and numerous complaints and pending lawsuits!

Then they put Hennessey in the Super-Car shoot out? I don’t understand……What does this promote other then magazine sales?

Where are the morals and ethics...... :dunno:

On the other side, did Hennessey make a good name for himself now? How does his D&B look now? What do his customers think if his performance? :dunno:

My $.02......

he paid everyone back and regularly posts on viperalley.com

a 650r is the horsepower rating, not ci. they old 488 blocks could go to a max of 542, the new ones are 555 i think.

my viper is over at his old engine builders shop right now having the head gaskets replaced

he paid everyone back and regularly posts on viperalley.com

a 650r is the horsepower rating, not ci. they old 488 blocks could go to a max of 542, the new ones are 555 i think.

my viper is over at his old engine builders shop right now having the head gaskets replaced

Wow thats putting alot of trust into a guy who has been proven to screw people out of there time and cash!

Archived