I liked the look you guys had going

commish

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Didn't want to get into the badges, etc., just wish Chevy would "style up" a HD at some point here.

Well, I took the liberty of doing it myself. Yes, it is entirely done in GM Parts from our friends at Flow Chevy (gmpartsdirect.com)

2004 HD LT, 20x9 8-lug American Racing Legend's w/BFG G-Force KDW 2's 305/50's, BellTech and drives like a dream, heavy and handles like a champ.  Wish I could drop this thing about 3" more, but no way

As far as the install, the fog lights were tricky, but after an hour it was all but done, took some "dremel-ing" but they work great!  Spent some money on the bracketry at the local dealership though, wow!  But it's all there, then entire parts list minus the front lic. plate bracket.

Again, don't rag on me too bad.  I have to pull a 5,500-7,000 lb. trailer around the SE U.S. following LSU Football, our Tailgatin' Trailer, so I needed the HD under and of course Crew Cab

DSC00965-vi.jpg

DSC00964-vi.jpg

DSC00968-vi.jpg

Pulled the 4x4's off the next day, so she's naked now.

OH, and Momma's ride:

DSC00120-vi.jpg

03 Hoe on SS's with same tire setup as HD, BellTech and a bunch of other chit under the hood, it's quick.

Bravo! I don't think many people realize what a difference those 305/50-20 KDW's make in the handling department on our HD's :devil:

How is the clearance with the SS Bumper? Any issues or helpful hints?

Not sure if you've seen my little project:

http://www.silveradoss.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=9722

We are definetly on the same page :flag:

I's loved to talk more about the details and part#'s you used for the SS Bumper and Fog Light integration......... :thumbs:

4x4 Badges were removed and is now slick

SSsomeday and Moregrip....... Fog lights were the factory lights from my 04. I simply finished the front end install, drilled out the plastic rivets inside the brake ducting, then placed the fog lights onto the truck for a test fit lining them up w/the opening (ducts off).

Once I did that, I realized that they were about 1.5" too far to the outsides, so I redrilled the factory mounting brackets, moving the holes over that 1.5" above.

Reinstalled them onto the underneath crash bar/bumper/factory attachment point and then held each brake duct. I then did some measuring of how far it was from the mounting hole on the duct on each side(3 screw holes on each) to the mounting holes on the SS bumper cover. I then cut that back about 1/2" for boo boo's, drew a line around the circum. and then got my Dremel out with the slicer blade (mini grinder blade) and cut a perfect amount off, fit tested and trimmed a bit and before long the brake duct was a cut down depth of it's former self.

Once mounted, the light fits right behind the now trimmed duct perfectly. The light is a tad bit bigger than the duct opening so you have a little light shining under the truck, a glow of sorts and it's look damn cool when they are on/night time, nothing overbearing by any means.

Moregrip, Clearance? Ha! That's a good one, all the reason I can't go lower, I almost rub now, and the SS Bumper Cover is worse than factory bumper/lower valence, had to trim it a bit. If you got 20x10's NO WAY! Never clear with these tires. As you can see, I am all about some backspace. I had 20x10 Alba Grips on there first, bad deal.

However, I would like to see some pics of your HD, that link had no photos.....and yes, my KDW are da shizzle, sick handling with the bilstein's all the way around and the beefed up bar in front. People laugh when I say it drives like a big azz car....and it's quick to boot.

Fun to drive and watch peoples faces around here, trucks are huge down here, customs, etc.

Thanks for the comments guys.

Archived