This is what I saw

SS1316

:D Hi

I towed a truck to Anderson S.C. on Sat. about 125 miles from home. At my arrival point I was unloadind the truck and I saw a Black SS backed into a parking space.

I went in for a closer inspection noticed it had a polish grill (5 peice) :cool: and

Chrome factory SS wheels :smash:

"But it had a step side bed" :wtf::wtf::wtf::wtf::wtf::wtf:

I meet the owner of this truck and he prove to me it was in fact an 04 SS Silverado . He showed me the inside and out. It has all the SS Stuff seats, badges, cluster and 6.0

I asked him about the step side bed, he reminded me of the ice storm we had last winter and said a tree had fallen onto his bed and tail gate. He said he know they didn't make a step side SS so he wanted to be diff.. When the insurance com. cut him a check he got a body shop to install the step side with a roll pan :eek: It even has the SS Silverado on the tail gate and a cut to fit SS rear spoiler.

It looks factory :chevy:

He also said with the new bed he gain an extra 3 mpg I said how, he said b/c of the weight ;)

I have pictures but it was with an instamatic camera :puke:

I also told him about the site :D

How lite do you think this truck is with a fiberglass bed :yellow_loser:

cool... but one question:

what about the body cladding? It wouldn't work w/ a stepside bed... so did he remove it from the front section of the truck?  :confused:

:crazy: I just look at the pictures again all the cladding is there even on the step side

Don't know how that worked :eek:

cool... but one question:

what about the body cladding? It wouldn't work w/ a stepside bed... so did he remove it from the front section of the truck?  :confused:

:crazy: I just look at the pictures again all the cladding is there even on the step side

Don't know how that worked :eek:

:wtf::shakehead: I have my doubts on this one... either the guy is full of sh*t or you were suffering from heat stroke. :crazy:

additional 3 miles per gallon because of the stepside bed???  :confused:  :banghead:  :crackup:

:withstupid::icon_bs:

:banghead:  how do you post pic from a scanner I have a four in one by dell

I have seven shots of this truck   :yellow_loser:

1) Scan the pics

2) Host them on the net (cardomain or photobucket)

3) Once hosted... right click the pic and select 'properties'

4) Highlight the URL and press control + 'C'

5) Start a new post

6) Click the 'IMG' button

7) Paste the URL to the window by pressing control + 'V'

8) Click OK and you pic will appear in the post when you submit it.

OR... if you can scan them to your computer you can e-mail them to me and I'll host/post them for you. [email protected]

Lets see them!!

I think what he might have done is used the cladding on the front lower part of the bed in front of the wheels and left it off the section behind the wheels. That would explain a roll pan fitting properly.

Archived