new volant

sswolfpac

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

no it didnt dylan it looks like it couldnt hurt to put some on though where can you pick it up at autozone or somthin?And another question for you volant guys does the cold air tube help?

Doesn't look much differant than the old design? I wonder if it would flow better without the tube having all those bends in it?

I know that on the 03 and 04 it needs them to clear the fan shroud but on the 05 would it need all those bends since there is no shroud in the way? I would think that on the 05's and the guys with efans would gain some more with a more straight tube from the box to the throttle body?

I have also read that the stock box is not the restriction, but the tube is? :dunno: So if that is the case would it be better on the trucks that have efans to just replace the filter and the tube with a straight one.

This may be the wrong place for these questions, but I though since we were talking about it I would ask.

Also there has been some guys that rigged their stock box with the (Home Depot) ram air. That could be done too... :dunno:

JOSH

I always understood the growth on the intake tube was additional air volume space needed for transition from cruise airflow to sudden wide open throttle. I don't know what difference it makes but that's what the guy at Volant told me. It provides needed air volume on demand for sudden WOT burst. Supposed to prevent a bog or stumble when you nail it.

It didn't make much sense to me, I mean, the other end is wide open??

Did anyone notice an improvment going from the old Volant to the new one? I'm getting tired of the tire rubbing the fenderwell myself.... my ram air tube fits like shit! I need to get under the truck and mod it to fit better or just put the damn thing in the trash.

I though I noticed a little better highway mileage with the ram air tube, but it may have been a fluke??

What do you all think?

I always understood the growth on the intake tube was additional air volume space needed for transition from cruise airflow to sudden wide open throttle. I don't know what difference it makes but that's what the guy at Volant told me. It provides needed air volume on demand for sudden WOT burst. Supposed to prevent a bog or stumble when you nail it.

It didn't make much sense to me, I mean, the other end is wide open??

Thats the same thing I've heard. Supposedley it serves 2 purposes:

1) sound dampening

2) additional air supply when going from cruising speed or stopped to WOT.

It makes sense to me... theres gotta be a reason for it if the factory tube and a few aftermarkets have it. :dunno:

well here is what i think of it ,i have drove about 100-150 miles with it and im not convinced i am actually thinking im losing hp it seems to lag almost i dont know though it s really hard to tell.I want to let dylan try it out so i can so what i got myself into.Oh and dylan by the way how much are those new intakes?

well here is what i think of it ,i have drove about 100-150 miles with it and im not convinced i am actually thinking im losing hp it seems to lag almost i dont know though it s really hard to tell.I want to let dylan try it out so i can so what i got myself into.Oh and dylan by the way how much are those new intakes?

Don't loose total faith in it yet. The gains or losses you would see from one intake to the next are so subtle that unless you have a way to measure it you won't know. I thought I had gained w/ the old volant using my "seat of the pants" meter... but turns out I was wrong. :banghead:

But, you never know... Volant couldn't be stupid enough to release 2 power robbing intakes in a row (at least I hope not :uhoh: ) We'll have to test to be sure.

I don't have the pricing... but you can e-mail the guys @ outlaw via their website and get pricing.

only way to find out is to test, dyno or track times. i just found out that big break kit actually kills horsepower, around 20 or so.....every mod you do track times and dyno that puppy its the only way youll know for sure that your mods are going in to gain column

well im trying some new methods but they are from seat of the pants meter but i used the stock air box and hooked up the volant tube (i am getting ready for a test drive) I am going to race a a stock dodge srt-4 tonight and am trying to get the best pssibile combination of stuff.I tried using the stock tube (with thte resonator)hooked up to volant for about 50 miles and i though i lost some more but it sure got a little quieter.I dont know what to do

Dylan Do you feel like doing some more testing after new years?

"Dylanvonkleist" posted in another thread that testing is coming up in January.

Supercharged and the new Volant. I hope your butt meter is reading wrong and they did not release 2 in a row.

As far as the stock box and K&N drop in idea: Don't waste your time or money it does NOTHING! same as stock, just different noise.

My email said the "Outlaw will be selling for $310 in local shops and on the internet"

but mentioned they have only 1 internet dealer established and 50+ retail outlets. This means odds of getting it at your local shop are not that high!(unless you live in SoCal.)

Internet it is!

"Dylanvonkleist" is group buy an option? :dunno:

Archived