Front end sounds

NAV 149 INFO

Just read this, we need to get our list of member experencing this problem together and the class action suit will move quicker, after warranty is when they find the cause for the "sound"...my truck makes this sound...who else?

yea Zippy, if they can keep a TC out of the Blazer SS it would make a nice truck :cry:

oh yea

AWD GM site...might be cool

If the sound your talking about is the growling at slow speed turens the viscous coupling is not the problem... I took my 04 SS in at 1500 miles drove with the service rep he talked to chevy and was told that replacement of the VC will solve they problem... It did not do a thing.... the mech.. said they repalcement VC was they same as the one in there (not an updated part) and the transfer case passed the VC test but he was told to repalce it any way....they noise I think everone is hearing has something to do with the front end.... I just havent figured out what yet If any one figures it out let me know....

:puke: GM

I agree, we dont know what the problems is exactly, BUT to not have any servicable parts in the transfer case is bad news when something does give out? If we remember the data about the NVA it does not have servacable parts, the whole unit needs to be replaced at any signs of wear...b/c you cant just fix a set of bearings the whole unit gets rebuilt...This is what SSS.com is for to increase our knowledge base about our trucks...and hopefully how to fix any problems...

happy day

• 2 years later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Add me 2 mine has 65KM on it about 40k for you in the USA and is now driving like I had a 4wheel drive truck with the hubs locked in on the pavement OMFG!

it sounds like my race car with a spool in the rear around corners cool for that but not for my street 03 SSS

So what can I do with it?

make it a 2 wheel drive and loose the trans case

or spend more money to fix a crapy design?

• 1 month later...
add me as well 04 ss 30k

its the carier baring in your diff. to fix the prob replace the barings and fill it with synthetic. u see it a sealed bearing, there for to u need to take it out to replace the oil. you also sjould replace all the bearings cauce it might cost u 70$ for bearings and 400 for labor. another thing is the rear is set uo the same way. so sooner or later the rear will go out to

Man I dont have them noisies yet and hope I dont get them> mine just sounds like the front end is going to fall out from under it even when I just hit a small bump> I cant figure this one out niether

I have the same problem. I don't even know where to start to fix it.

• 1 month later...

Archived