Combat Cash is paying off!

Orion231

:cool: I can't wait to get it, but I am just curious... Every race engine I have built. I break it them in. It's an easy method of driving it in first then letting it decel (RPM around 4k), then second, then third... Then just drive it. How does GM put these engines together? I'm real picky about my vehicles so it may seem redundant to some, but I like to break things in before I put the hammer down. I also noticed that everyone is either going with the Volant intake or the K&N... Which is better? That will be the first mod.

In my opinion, dont go with the volant. everything i have read on this site about the volant is negative. and you can see the dyno charts too. i have the K&n 77 series, and i love it. first off it looks great under the hood and sounds awesome. second K&N pretty much has the name in aftermarket induction. i called K & N and asked for dyno results from the 77 series and FIPK for a Silverado SS. they said it was a 13 HP gain with both for an actually SS. the fipk was a tad better(still in the 13 hp range) but i believe it costs more.

Archived