Headlight Bulbs

hankc350

I use the sylvania silverstars in the high and low beam position, as well as the turn signal and amber DRL. They rock, I have nothing bad to say about them. They are a little pricey, but you get what you pay for!

O'Rileys Auto Parts, 9005,9006 and I believe 3157A's and 4157 for around 100.00. Wal Mart has the 9005 and 9006's in two packs for around 36.00 a pair.

I love mine, and would buy them again in a heartbeat! :cheers:

I ordered a set of GP Thunder 7500k 100watt bulbs off of ebay. i installed only one side just so i could see the color of the light. but removed them right away because i was worried about the wiring or the lense housing melting due to the heat of the increased wattage. anyone heard of or experienced such a thing? anyway, the color was really bright white with just a hint of blue. really nice looking, real close to HIDs IMO. got the set of lows, highs and fogs. also, would the lense crack if it got wet while its hot? they get pretty hot while they're on.thanks, shannon

I ordered a set of GP Thunder 7500k 100watt bulbs off of ebay. i installed only one side just so i could see the color of the light. but removed them right away because i was worried about the wiring or the lense housing melting due to the heat of the increased wattage. anyone heard of or  experienced such a thing? anyway, the color was really bright white with just a hint of blue. really nice looking, real close to HIDs IMO. got the set of lows, highs and fogs. also, would the lense crack if it got wet while its hot? they get pretty hot while they're on.thanks, shannon

Yeah, if they are true 100W lamps, that you put into harnesses that are rated for 60W? Why? You need to upgrade the harness before you put those back in, or run the risk of torching your SSS.

[]

Yeah, if they are true 100W lamps, that you put into harnesses that are rated for 60W?  Why?  You need to upgrade the harness before you put those back in, or run the risk of torching your SSS.

how do i upgrade the harnesses?do i have to repalce all the wiring to a thicker gauge? might be costly, might as well have bought real HIDs :banghead:

Archived