Headlight Bulbs

hankc350

Check your new bulbs packaging before you freak out! Some of the aftermarket bulbs advertise 100 watt performance without actually increasing wattage.... check to make sure before hacking into your light harness.

well i checked the packaging and all it said is that its 100watts.i installed them in my work truck :nono: HA HA. i drive a 04 2500 HD for work and used it as the guinea pig! lights are BRIGHT AS HELL when looking at it but dosen't light up the road very well. ran it for about an hour straight. no damage yet! will try it for about a week or so. :D

Check your new bulbs packaging before you freak out! Some of the aftermarket bulbs advertise 100 watt performance without actually increasing wattage.... check to make sure before hacking into your light harness.

:confused::confused:

If they are 100 watt they are 100 watt.

We have a 12 volt system, with 100 watt lights the current will be 8,3333 ampere each (watt= volt x ampere) there is a formule to calculate how thick your wires will have to be but i forgot this one.

You can test by putting a voltmeter on the bulbwires (Lights on) it should be 12 volt and if it is less the wires will heat up (or fry) and the bulbs will not function properly.

:confused::confused:

If they are 100 watt they are 100 watt.

Dude.. you missed my point,

What I was saying, is that several manufacturers are advertising a bulb that gives you the light output of a 100 watt bulb, but is only 55~60 watt. So the ad would go like this:

"Ours bulbs have the light output of a bulb rated at 100 watts, but our bulb is still only rated at 55 watts, so you get more light output for the same wattage."

Check out the aftermarket bulb ads... I'm sure you'll see it for yourself....

In regards to the Sylvania Silverstars... Is there that much of a difference over the stock headlight bulbs? And if you have replaced them, did you also replace all of the marker/turn signal lights too....???

Thanks.... Stitches

Archived