Congratulations Bser!

Holty

BSER

I purchased my truck in early 2003. I told my wife these famous words “Honey it’s already a custom truck I won’t have to do anything with this one” her response was “yea right” as usual she was correct, I can’t leave anything stock.

bser1.JPG

I didn’t even get it out of the dealership before I started in on it. The dealer told me of a new Radix supercharger that he had just read about, I ordered it that day. I think I was one of the first to install it. By the way it now has 60k on it and no motor problems. I added a Corsa Cat back exhaust, Volant intake and thought I was done….no way!

bser2.JPG

bser3.JPG

The next series of mods came when I hosted the first SilveradoSS.Com Rally at my Line-X shop In Wichita, Ks. There I added electric fans, 160 thermostat, and SuperMax long tube headers and high flow cats. We raised the boost to 8.5 psi with a 2.9pulley. That Saturday we had a track day at the local drag strip and my transmission lasted for 2 passes then bit the dust. Our stock tranny doesn’t hold up well to over 500 HP.

With some help I got it back to the shop where I was lucky enough to get my transmission rebuilt that day. We added a hardened drum, Kevlar bands a shift kit and billet servos.

bser6.JPG

bser7.JPG

I later added a TCS 2800 stall converter to take advantage of the extra ponies and performance transmission. I purchased a custom cam from BenKey that he brought to the rally with him and installed that when I added converter. With Hp tuners to tune the truck to all these mods, I run low 12’s in the quarter mile with a best of 12.01 at 111. I still surprise a lot of guys at the stop light drags; the guys at the track know better. All these mods were because Zippy had to start a track time section to the site that got my competitive side going. To slow all this speed down I added Baers’ EradiSpeed break system. To show off those cross drilled rotors I put on a set of 22” Raceline forged wheels with Nittto rubber. This combo actually weighs 2 lbs less each than the stock 20’s.

bser5.JPG

The appearance mods started with a billet grill and Shopman billet SS bow tie. I lowered it 2 inches at all four corners for a more aggressive stance. I couldn’t find a rollpan that would fit so I made my own, the guys at the Rally liked it so much I started making them for the members SivleradoSS.com and that’s how the BSER roll pan was born. Again I thought I was done but Mother Nature stepped in with a hail storm that sent it to the body shop to replace almost every panel on the truck.

Since it had to be repainted anyway I decided to add to the “which is faster controversy” by applying a two tone black/red paint job. I couldn’t find a separating pin-stripe color I liked so I made a custom molding to separate the colors. I’m especially proud of this molding because I made it by hand from aluminum bar stock; it took over 60 hrs over a two week period to get it right. The interior has a pillar mounted gauge pod for the boost gauge and air fuel ratio gauge. The seats are Black Katsin leather with silver inserts and red thread at the seams. I had a local upholstery shop add the silver door inserts and modify the center console to match the seats.

bser8.JPG

bser4.JPG

bser9.JPG

I have entered it in 3 car shows where I have taken first place in my class all 3 times. One was a major regional truck show where I got the best daily driven sport truck trophy from “Truckin” magazine. I have to thank all the guys at this site that helped me out with ideas, technical help and advice. It never would have gone this far or been as nice without your help. I’ve looked at new trucks but so far there isn’t anything out there that looks as nice as an SSS. I think it’s done now, but you never know.

thanks,

Bob (BSER)

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, thanks for the votes guys. Winning against this group is really something, all the trucks were outstanding. Looks like I just edged kellyperformance at the line...well at least he knows he can edge me out at the track...that truck just rocks! I expect both of them will be feature truck winners in the future.

Thanks Again,

Bob