Mr. Clean AutoDry Car Wash

I decided to give one of these a try (they are only about $20) and guess what? They actually do work as advertised! :eek: (How often does THAT happen these days?)

It basically filters all the minerals and impurities out of the water, so you're not left with water spots when the vehicle dries. It includes a "starter" filter that says it's good for washing 3 average-sized vehicles... but it barely made it through my wife's Suburban (black) and my SS (black). The replacement filters you can buy are about $6, and made in conjunction with Pur (who also make drinking water filters) and are supposed to last you for 10 vehicle washings, but I'm expecting maybe 5 or 6 uses since my vehicles are good-sized. The soap you have to use with it is about $5. So using one of these regularly will mean you'll be buying the filters and soap often, but I think it's worth the money because the results really are impressive. I imagine it's possible for everyone to get slightly different results from this, depending on the quality of their water, but it's definitely an improvement over washing and then drying by hand because it removes the minerals and impurities from your water.

For those Onyx Black SS owners out there, I'd say this is a must-have! :thumbs:

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, you can't use your own soap with this. But the instructions said this particular soap is designed to work in conjunction with the filter, as part of the spot-free drying process. The instructions also say there is a one year spot-free guarantee - they will refund you your entire purchase price! So as long as you keep your reciept, you can get all your $ back.

Really good to know it works. I've been thinking of trying it on my truck. Black is such a hard color to keep looking good. The only advantage of hand drying is that it gives you an opportunity to really check for scratches and dings. Just hand washed mine for the first time in months. (Hit 58 degrees here today) Wish I knew of a place I could hand wash it in the winter.

I will definately try the Autodry system when it gets warmer. Thanks for the information. :chevy:

Archived