Z06 Brakes Are On

JF-03-SS

So I have had the Z06 brakes on now for almost 1 week and maybe 150 miles. Man what a difference. Did the whole nine yards. F/R Z06 calipers, 14" Powerslot rotors, Earls SS brake lines, and ATE SUPER BLUE RACING BRAKE FLUID. I would like to hear from you guys that have done this too. What do you think?

Here is my review.

1) Bad Ass! Look/Feel/Stop great.

2) Caliper brackets are very good quality and come w/ all mounting hardware needed.

3) Be carefull installing SS brake lines. Be sure the banjo adaptor is facing the right way. My mechanic broke the Driver front one and they are not easy to replace. Sent it to Earl Store #1 in Cali to have a new one made. So as of right now I have 1 factory brake line still on.

4) Front brakes are begging for 15" rotors. There is 1/2"-3/4" of unused brake pad. Catch is 15" rotors are pretty spendy.

5) Rear dust shield needs trimming to fit new brackets/calipers.

6) This brakes fit behind the SSS wheels w/ plenty of clearance. Have not tried my Foose wheels yet, but believe there will be even more room.

7) Did I mention BadAss?

I did not do any of this install, so I have no pics of them being installed.

Front Zo6 caliper behind SSS wheel

ChrissSSS005.jpg

14" powerslot rotor

ChrissSSS007.jpg

Unused brake pad

ChrissSSS008.jpg

They fit behind my Foose speedsters too!

ChrissSSS009.jpg

Rear shot behind SSS wheel

ChrissSSS011.jpg

No unused brake pad here.

ChrissSSS012.jpg

Edited by JF-03-SS (see edit history)

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I posted this about a month and half ago on PT.net and currently I am still pleased:

Well, guy's this is my opinion on the swap. The brake feel is phenomenal now. The install isn't what I would consider painless though, at least not for me with my wheels (Joe Gibbs). I had to bevel the edges of the front calipers quite a bit to get them to clear my wheels. I'm very happy with the outcome, but I would still have to recommend a full brake kit from someone instead of piecing together stuff, if you want a serious big brake set-up. Using the 14" rotors there is about a 1/2" of unused brake pad. The front calipers are begging for a 15" rotor, but so far no one has found an affordable 15" front rotor yet. And to clear something up on the fitment, clearances should be checked, as with any big brake upgrade. Most folks have not had a fitment issue. Every wheel is different, as we all know. The caliper brackets are very well built, I couldn’t have expected anything nicer. But with the supplier building the brackets on the side, don’t plan on ordering them one day and getting them the next day. It took two months to receive mine.

the fronts are 15" eradispeeds are 14"

working on 15" rotors that are much more affordable to the public. The ones shown in the pic's are custom and VERY EXPENSIVE.

i read that the SS rear rotors are too thick for the z06 calipers, how did u get the rear 14" baer rotors to fit the rear calipers?