SS vs Dakota R/T

lakas187

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i ran up against a guy in one...it was pretty even till he hit a switch..guy had nitrious....he didn't pull away too bad...i do not think that he was running to big of a shot though...

the worst race i had was against and "old" ss454...it was pretty even...had him off the launch and gained on him a little bit just about every shift....that was stock...

True I missed the NOS part my bad. I can't say much I got beat by a ford f-150 yesterday in my 2500HD 6.0. I would have taken him I wasn't sure we were even racing and when I finally got on it and started reeling him in traffic got in the way. I was pissed, he thought he had WON!

Could go either way. Is the Dak an excab? Driver skill will probably be differnece in outcome.

it depends on the driver's skill? they're both automatic trucks...all you do is mash on the accelorator, and see who wins... plus, the SS would win against and R/T, i think. the SS has AWD an atleast 45 more horspwer, but is it bigger and heavier, so it might be a close race.

Could go either way.  Is the Dak an excab?  Driver skill will probably be differnece in outcome.

it depends on the driver's skill? they're both automatic trucks...all you do is mash on the accelorator, and see who wins... plus, the SS would win against and R/T, i think. the SS has AWD an atleast 45 more horspwer, but is it bigger and heavier, so it might be a close race.

If all there was to racing automatics was punching the gas and going then every truck with an Automatic Transmission would run the EXACT SAME quarter mile E.T. and MPH every time.

Even in autos driver and launch factor in greatly. :cheers:

no, they wouldn't run the exact same every time. i've been racing automatic equipped trucks for quite some time including the one i have currently. it just doesn't work that way. to start with, the engine doesn't make the same hp every pass. as for the driver skill, both are require some trick to them. neither have enough stall to be it's quickest off idle and neither have the correct shift points. traction isn't that hard to get in an r/t either. we've sold a few at work so we see them occasionally. they in stock form aren't exactly tire frying machines unless you're trying to make them do it. off idle and in drive race, i'd say the r/t would probably win by a touch, but driven hard i'm not sure which would take it since they are putting down around the same quarter times.

no, they wouldn't run the exact same every time. i've been racing automatic equipped trucks for quite some time including the one i have currently. it just doesn't work that way. to start with, the engine doesn't make the same hp every pass. as for the driver skill, both are require some trick to them. neither have enough stall to be it's quickest off idle and neither have the correct shift points. traction isn't that hard to get in an r/t either. we've sold a few at work so we see them occasionally. they in stock form aren't exactly tire frying machines unless you're trying to make them do it. off idle and in drive race, i'd say the r/t would probably win by a touch, but driven hard i'm not sure which would take it since they are putting down around the same quarter times.

My point was more along the lines of two runs back to back if the trucks were driven EXACTLY the same would have negligible difference in times and mph.

But since quarter times vary greatly from run to run driver is a big factor, the better driver you become the more consistant your runs are.

Archived