Wind noise?

Badkarma

Just wondering how much wind noise is normal with our trucks? if any. I can hear some over 50, I havent realy had much of a chance to investagate. I was thinking maybe its just the wind going into the grive but I thaught I would ask people that have time under there belt with these trucks.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just wondering how much wind noise is normal with our trucks? if any.  I can hear some over 50, I havent realy had much of a chance to investagate. I was thinking maybe its just the wind going into the grive but I thaught I would ask people that have time under there belt with these trucks.

The rear quarter windows make tons of noise and this is very normal. There are different fixes. From new aftermarket latches to having the dealer re-glue the windows in.

:withstupid: I've had the pass rear quarter window replaced, it started leaking a few weeks later. I've also bought a set of the aftermarket replacement latches, and as soon as they arrive in the mail this week I will post how well they work.

Mr. P.

I was wondering if it was some sealing issue. I havnt noticed and major leaks when I wash it. I have noticed a little water on the metal by the sil plates and around the door, wasnt really sure if it was related or not.

the aftermarket latches help alot but dont completely cure the problem, imo the only way i can think of is to gle them shut permanently , i know i dont use mine ever.

I've seriously considered doing this. We'll see what happens I guess. Maybe just the windows out and weld panels in there?! :D

The only wind noise I have on my '03 is the passenger rear window. I have found I can get it to stop if I just barely open the latch enough that it actually draws the window more tightly closed before the latch releases to open. BTW, I discovered this after I had it replaced once and still had a wind noise. I love my truck but seems like a pretty crappy design for a useless mechanism.

where can i find the aftermarket latches?
Link to mkos5819 eBay Store...

I still haven't received mine yet, I'm sure I'll get them in this week and let you know how they work.

Mr. P.

Mr. P - any luck with the latches yet?

Yes, I've driven around this weekend and it improved things, not night and day but yes it's improved; I can now hear that I'm leaking air around the front windows. :banghead: I'm going to try another idea, since I have *never* actually used the rear windows I think I will open them, apply a thin bead of petroleum jelly (like a gasket sealer) then buckle the window closed and wipe the excess off the outside. That should completely seal the air as well as treat the rubber gasket. If I can make the time. :sigh:

Mr. P.

• 1 month later...