Baer Alumasports are on

2006SilverSS

They are only giving you the one piece front rotors with the Alumasport kits now?

Yes. According to Baer, they only sent the kits out with 2 piece fronts rotors because they were waiting for the one piece rotors to come in from the vendor. Now all new kits come wtih 1 piece, and if you send a 2 piece rotor in for a warantee issue, you will receive a 1 piece back (I learned that the hard way).

Looks good.  Are you doing the rears too?

I'm not to sure that I'll do the rear's... converting to the disc's would be a job, and I'm sure a good amount of money... maybe someday.

I felt the same way, but yeah it does grow on you.

each time I see my truck I'm liking it more and more... :)

Yes. According to Baer, they only sent the kits out with 2 piece fronts rotors because they were waiting for the one piece rotors to come in from the vendor. Now all new kits come wtih 1 piece, and if you send a 2 piece rotor in for a warantee issue, you will receive a 1 piece back (I learned that the hard way).

On a side note, I've only delt with one piece rotors, so what is the advantage of the 2 piece?

Looks good.  Are you doing the rears too?

I'm not to sure that I'll do the rear's... converting to the disc's would be a job, and I'm sure a good amount of money... maybe someday.

I felt the same way, but yeah it does grow on you.

each time I see my truck I'm liking it more and more... :)

On a side note, I've only delt with one piece rotors, so what is the advantage of the 2 piece?

Actually the kit isn't much more than the regular alumasport kit for the rear but it is a bit more because 04 factory backing plates are included as well and you will need to get an 04 cable from the connection about mid cab to the rear for both sides. You may save a bit of money if you get the parts through the dealer. You may be able to PM Zippy for a better price on the backing plates if you don't have a connection at your local dealer. You may want to get the cables at the same time. then all you would need is the regular alumasport kit. Oh yeah don't forget the shoes for the e-brake while your at it.

Then the hardest part is removing the rear diff cover and pulling the bolt that holds the pin in place, then removing the pin and pushing the axels in to remove the C-clips and pulling the axels out to remove the backing plates for the drums and installing the new backing plates then reassembling everything in the reverse order you took it apart. It will take you a good part of the day but it's well worth it IMO. Oh and be sure to get a new gasket from the dealer for the diff cover.

my 06 came brand new with weights on the outside. :cheers:

You may want to take them off carefully and have the wheels rebalanced with tape weights inside. If done now, they should not leave marks. That's what I did at least, looks much cleaner IMHO :thumbs:

Those look sweet. What did they set you back by the way? Would not mind getting them for my RED one.  :cheers:

:chevy:  :flag:  :chevy:

Total was like $1001 just for the brakes, that doesn't include the stainless lines and trip to the shop since I couldn't get them to bleed right, lol

You may want to take them off carefully and have the wheels rebalanced with tape weights inside. If done now, they should not leave marks. That's what I did at least, looks much cleaner IMHO

That's a good idea, I hadn't thought about that... I may need to look into that :thumbs: