HID Ballast

brobradh77

Is there a particularly good place to mount these they come with some sort of mounting bracket with 2 small screws so I was just curious if there is a spot where those screws screw right on inn or if I am going to have to get out the drill.

Thanks

The last set I put in, we removed the headlight and turns signals. There is a spot right back there that works out perfect.

I did the same thing. I have some pics of where I mounted them at home. I'll see about uploading and posting them tomorrow since I have the same kit that you just got brobradh77.

I did the same thing. I have some pics of where I mounted them at home. I'll see about uploading and posting them tomorrow since I have the same kit that you just got brobradh77.

Cool Thanks :thumbs: I would appreciate that. tell me hjow long it took to install they say like 30-40 minutes but I am sceptical :dunno:

Cool Thanks :thumbs: I would appreciate that. tell me hjow long it took to install they say like 30-40 minutes but I am sceptical :dunno:

Depending on how confident you are working on your truck it probably shouldn't take you any longer than that. I think it took me about 40 minutes but I had to take out the old HID kit I had also.

I'll get those pics up in about an hour from now or sooner if I can.

Ok, here are the pics of where I mounted the ballasts.

4300K_HID_Ballast01.jpg

4300K_HID_Ballast02.jpg

4300K_HID_Ballast03.jpg

The brackets bent some while tightening the bolts back up, but it was easy enough to re-shape them to they could still hold the ballasts. You can also see that I had to cut away a little of the plastic to get the plug in.

Ok, here are the pics of where I mounted the ballasts.

4300K_HID_Ballast01.jpg

4300K_HID_Ballast02.jpg

4300K_HID_Ballast03.jpg

The brackets bent some while tightening the bolts back up, but it was easy enough to re-shape them to they could still hold the ballasts. You can also see that I had to cut away a little of the plastic to get the plug in.

Thanks for the pics did you haver to pre-drill the holes for the braket? If so what size did you use?

Thanks for the pics did you haver to pre-drill the holes for the braket? If so what size did you use?

I didn't have to drill anything, I used the existing bolts, had I thought about it I could have taken a pic of before and after. There should be the existing bolts, it's a tight fit with the bracket (use the last hole on the bottom) if you go this route. Let me know if you have any other questions.

I didn't have to drill anything, I used the existing bolts, had I thought about it I could have taken a pic of before and after. There should be the existing bolts, it's a tight fit with the bracket (use the last hole on the bottom) if you go this route. Let me know if you have any other questions.

definatley :thumbs: Thanks man for the help :cheers:

here are some pics that just don't do these lights any justice it is a night and day difference I absolutely love them too bad i have no idea on how to take good photos of bright lights :banghead: They are a real pretty blue which isn't very apparrant in these photos

IMG_2090.jpg

see my 2 boys in this one

IMG_2095.jpg

post-8997-1176949369_thumb.jpg