AutoTap/EFI Live V.5

56chevywagon

I bought EFI Live Pro v6 from TB for $300 on special. I have never used the AutoTap portion of it, always EFI Live. I absolutely love it. Very, very useful for modifications, and of course, great w/ LS1 Edit.

Pro get's you Bi-Directional controls. I have used them, to check for a TC problem after the install. It made it easy to find the problem, re-create it, then tune it out w/ LS1 Edit.

Much recommended. :thumbs:

Can you tune at all with this or does it need to be LS1 Edit? BTW, how much is LS1 Edit? Where can I get it?

The onlt true full tuning device for consumers is LS1 Edit.

LS1 Edit

To truly custom tune you truck, takes the Big Three. LS1 Edit, AutoTap-EFILive or Ease, and a wideband o2. Oops, also a bench cable for the 2003 trucks. :crazy:

If you jump, BigTex, MNC5, BenKey, and myself can help you along. ;)

I've had EFILive for almost 2 months now, and agree that it is a very useful tool. :thumbs::thumbs:

I just got LS1Edit (and the bench cable), and I have already flashed 4 different tunes to the PCM. (I'm being cautious and taking small steps.) I really like the ability to control the fine details of the tuning - much better than the HPP3 I had on my last Silverado. LS1Edit= :thumbs::thumbs:

btw, I have already emailed BigTex with an Edit question and he was very helpful. Thanks again BigTex! :cool:

I still need to get a wideband O2 to complete the "Home Tuning Kit" described above. I plan to have a sensor bung welded in when I get my exhaust work done next month. Still shopping around for a wideband...

Well, just talked to the Finance Manager (the Wife) and she shot down the idea to get the it, at least untill after the first of the year, something about Christmas and gifts or something like that :jester: I guess she's right, I just get impatient. At least I can still look forward to it, just a little later. Thanx for all the input. :thumbs:

Archived