Hawks Pads And Earl's Braided Lines

SS_bnoon_SS

No more squishy pedal!!! Wahoooooooooo!!! I only wish I could justify the Powerstop plus sized rotors... but alas, my stock rotors were still in good shape with minimal scoring or glazing. A quick buff with a rotory scotch brite resurfacing disc is all they needed (jack up all 4, put truck in low 1 and let them rotate at idle, then high RPM die grinder with the resurfacing disc worked GREAT!). I flushed the entire system via power bleeding method (filled an oil can with brake fluid, small length of hose to the bleeder, and pump away until the new/clear fluid reaches the resevoir). Now stopping is almost as much fun as taking off! :crazy:

Here's the part numbers for my entire order including the brake lines. The line kit says 2WD but it does indeed fit right on.

EAR-28A640ERL 5 LINE KIT 03 SILVERADO 2WD $142.39

HWK-HB323F-724 HPS BRAKE PADS $74.95

HWK-HB385F-640 HPS BRAKE PADS $80.95

Here's the part numbers for my entire order including the brake lines. The line kit says 2WD but it does indeed fit right on.

EAR-28A640ERL 5 LINE KIT 03 SILVERADO 2WD $142.39

HWK-HB323F-724 HPS BRAKE PADS $74.95

HWK-HB385F-640 HPS BRAKE PADS $80.95

are these the correct part numbers for 2005 AWD also? didnt they change up the brake system on the 05's?

Hmm, wonder why I'm coming up with different part numbers for an 03 SSS. Anyone have any advise (related to pads..haha)?

HPS Pads for 2003 Silverado SS at Summit:

XXXXXX

I was going to go with the HPS pads since I'm sticking with just upgrading lines and turning the stock rotors. The above part numbers are different than SS_bnoon_SS listed and both seem to be the HPS ones.

Yes, I am replying to my own message. :tumbleweed:

As if he needed confirmation...ss_boon_ss numbers are correct for an 03 sss. The garbage that comes up on the summit site is wrong. Again, since others are driving on these pads already they don't need this confirmation, but just to be safe I have removed my references to the incorrect part numbers (in my previous reply) to avoid future confusion during other users (non) searches.

Wow...took you long enough to that. :thumbs: Still remember doing mine.

Go to a different fluid than stock?

The stock pads just kept going and going and I couldn't justify the change until now.

I pumped in new fluid from the caliper end using an oil can that I got just for brake system flushing, and about 2 feet of 1/4" clear plastic hose. Emptied out the resevoir and pumped it through until I got all out of each line (the new stuff was clear and the old stuff was brown and dirty, so it was EASY to see the new fluid reach the resevoir). I pumped in new fluid with a higher boiling temp (I believe it was 400 degrees???). I can't remember the brand name, but it costs about 4 times what regular fluid costs and came by recommendation from several local SCCA members... it comes in a red white and blue plastic jug if that helps...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Never thought about bleeding brakes by adding fluid to the bleeder screw...WOW

I have always used a partner and bled from the master cylinder after adding fluid every few pumps...I wonder if this would help a few people here on this site whom could never totally bleed their brakes perfectly...

Edited by cadillacbob (see edit history)

• 3 weeks later...