Track times on heads/cam

PCMFORLESS

The truck made it to the track this weekend (it pulled my Impala SS to the track in my car trailer). I didn't even get to drive it as I was running my Impala SS, but a friend of mine ran it. He run it to a 14.1 @ 96MPH. The 60' was a really bad 2.2 but I do still have the stock converter. Also it is laying over up top as it is short on injectors, but I will get a larger set in there and I ordered a 3000 stall and shift kit today as the truck is slipping 2nd already.

I will post more soon,

Bryan

I sure hope so. My friend that ran the truck for me launched just a little off idle. When I get that converter in there I will try some 2500 RPM - 3000 RPM launches to see if it will do it and see what works best. My Impala SS launches best from 2000 RPM, but it is rear wheel drive on ET streets. I think if I can get that 2.2 60' down to even a 1.9 and get some bigger injectors in the truck and the tranny working good it should do the 13.5 or so that I was hoping for.

Then it will be time for the bigger cam :)

On a really good note my Impala SS ran a 12.11 @113 MPH with a full tank of gas and a 4400LB race weight. I even cut a 1.63 60' time with it :)

The Silverado SS does look cool towing the Impala in the enclosed car trailer.

The truck is heads and cam with AS&M headers, magnaflow muffler and a homemade cold air intake. The cam is fairly conservative due to my towing needs but the truck still pulled 383 HP at the wheels. Trans and converter are the weak points now.

The Impala is a 396 stroker with a TPIS ZZ9x cam, long tubes, cold air and exhaust, and a 3500 stall with a built converter. Pulled 390HP at the wheels and 480FT/lbs of torque. 12.11 was run at full weight 4400 LBS with a full tank of gas for traction at the bracket race.

Later,

Bryan

Archived