Natural frequency

Tom Parsons

Hey, another OC SS. When did you sneak in here Tom? I am just a bit North of you in the city of Orange. I am the crazy driving Blue SS you may see around town :jester:

Those expansion joints in the concrete freeways are reall annoying. I think it has to do with the spacing and the unsprung suspension weight mentioned above. I don't know if different shocks would help. I will let you know when my stock shocks start to wear out :D

Adding weight seems to be the key. Last time I went to the drag strip, I took off the shell, spare tire and tailgate, and it bounced like crazy on the South bound 5 fwy (fast lane is the worst) :crazy:

The Velvet Rides only help the rear bounce, you still have the front bouncing. Between the extra weight of the shell and the Velvet rides, it is not too bad anymore.

dcairns

Found the site yesterday looking for shocks, flowmaster, programmer, K&N, you know, all that credit card killer stuff.

I'm in Orange too at the corner of Taft and Main. Special ordered the truck from my buddies at Selman. Cruise by anytime. :cheers: Tom

i am not in the O.C., but i am glad to see some guys from california popping up a little more. I am thinking of going to Carlsbad on may 22nd. Hopefully some other guys can make it.

P.S. the 91 does suck, its all about the 105

try the 10 eastbound from the 57 on ......... GEEEZ! If the thing bounced any harder I wouldn't have to change lanes, I'd just jump over the guy ahead of me. It only seems to happen in the fast lanes b/c of the way the surface is laid.....the slow lanes aren't so bad b/c the BIG trucks have worn it down a little.

Oh, and by the way, welcome to the site Tom!

try the 10 eastbound from the 57 on ......... GEEEZ! If the thing bounced any harder I wouldn't have to change lanes, I'd just jump over the guy ahead of me. It only seems to happen in the fast lanes b/c of the way the surface is laid.....the slow lanes aren't so bad b/c the BIG trucks have worn it down a little.

Oh, and by the way, welcome to the site Tom!

Welcome back Dylan. Have seen you on here in a while man. :cheers:

• 2 weeks later...

I put bilstein's on and no difference.

My only solution is to take off either the overload leaf or the middle leaf so there's not so much tension. Then add a helper air bag setup when you have to haul something or make up the difference if too much tension is taken out.

Something like this:

ARK2002.jpg

• 4 months later...
I put bilstein's on and no difference.

My only solution is to take off either the overload leaf or the middle leaf so there's not so much tension. Then add a helper air bag setup when you have to haul something or make up the difference if too much tension is taken out.

Something like this:

ARK2002.jpg

I ordered a slam-air kit yesterday. Going to try the overload spring removal and the bags.

I see your from Okla. Ctrow. I'll be there nov. 19th -26th.

Archived