Fog Lights

Eddie

• 2 weeks later...
I finally got enough time to make relocation brackets and install factory fog lights. Now I just need to get some hids for them.

you must of got factory for lights from a normal silverado??? im putting fog lights in my truck but i dont know which ones to get did they fit pretty good.

• 5 months later...

1st off I'm sorry about digging up an old post. 2nd I feel like a total a$$hole for not responding to the replies. When I post pictures up of Mods that I have done. It's not to tell people how they should Mod their truck. Or that its the only way to do it. Its this is how I did it, and these are the problem I across or shortcuts I've found. 99% of the replies are positive, but there always is that 1% of people that always have something negative to say. So I have been as active I as I once was. But I will always try to help the people that want it when I can.

So, to answer some of the question.

No they don't shake. They are pretty sturdy.

I got a kit off ebay that was for a regular Silverado. It included the factory fog lights, switch, wiring, solenoid, and installation, instructions. Here is the ebay link to the item & seller I bought the kit from. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/03-06-CHEVY-SILVERADO-TRUCK-FOG-LAMPS-LIGHTS-KIT-OEM-GM-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQfitsZMakeQ3aChevroletQ7cYearQ3a2005QQhashZitem563e6e496eQQitemZ370414602606QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

The brackets I made were 6"x3/4" then I made holes about 1" from the end centered. The hole were just big enough to fit 1/4"-20 screw. Then the other sides have to be matched with the housings. The holes will need to be drilled offset to fit the fog light housings.

Also after I was done installing the lights I got a check engine/service soon light. The instructions say you need a GM Tech II to clear it. But I just disconnected the battery for a couple of minutes. This reset the light and I never had a issues again. I recently put HIDs in them too. So they look great. I'm currently working on a way to keep the Fog light on with the high beams on. Apparently that's illegal???

I hope this helped guys.

1st off I'm sorry about digging up an old post. 2nd I feel like a total a$hole for not responding to the replies. When I post pictures up of Mods that I have done. It's not to tell people how they should Mod their truck. Or that its the only way to do it. Its this is how I did it, and these are the problem I across or shortcuts I've found. 99% of the replies are positive, but there always is that 1% of people that always have something negative to say. So I have been as active I as I once was. But I will always try to help the people that want it when I can.

So, to answer some of the question.

No they don't shake. They are pretty sturdy.

I got a kit off ebay that was for a regular Silverado. It included the factory fog lights, switch, wiring, solenoid, and installation, instructions. Here is the ebay link to the item & seller I bought the kit from. http://cgi.ebay.com/...sQ5fAccessories

The brackets I made were 6"x3/4" then I made holes about 1" from the end centered. The hole were just big enough to fit 1/4"-20 screw. Then the other sides have to be matched with the housings. The holes will need to be drilled offset to fit the fog light housings.

Also after I was done installing the lights I got a check engine/service soon light. The instructions say you need a GM Tech II to clear it. But I just disconnected the battery for a couple of minutes. This reset the light and I never had a issues again. I recently put HIDs in them too. So they look great. I'm currently working on a way to keep the Fog light on with the high beams on. Apparently that's illegal???

I hope this helped guys.

Easy fix for the high beam problem Don't run the factory switch. I can turn mine on and off with no problems. High/low what ever. Just a thought for yeahpepsicheer.gif