1/8th mile

ssblackss

I have managed to find out some information about the Denton Dragway up here in Dallas. Its only 1/8 mile is it worth it going to run an 1/8 mile time?

And I don't suppose that there is a way to get an expected 1/4 mile time from the 1/8 mile time is there? Just never been to a track and would kind of like to be there with some fellow members from the forum to hold my hand through this so I don't screw it up. Don't know about track courtesy and etiqute(sp) I m sure I dont need a helmet never used the light tree not really sure of a lot of things it seems..

Your help is appreciated

ssblackss

I think that it would be a good experience even though its an 1/8 mile track. You probably wont be able to get that good of an estimate though for 1/4 mile times from what you run in the 1/8 (especially since your sts should really start kicking in after the 1/8th mile point). It would be good practice for you though so when you get to the 1/4 mile you now what your doing.

You probably wont need a helmet, but you should check with the track first to see if its required. If it were me I would just bring one just in case. Good luck. :thumbs:

You can multiply yout 1/8th mile ET by 1.57 and get a close estimate. But so many factors go into a good time, it won't be 100% right.

I've been to Denton. Lots of guys like that track. Don't worry about drag racing experience. Just pull in, watch for a while at what other guys are doing. Then fall in line and have fun. I went with a buddy the first time to an 1/8th mile track. I ran so many times, he said I was making laps.

Thanks for all you input I think I will go tonight and run some like you said it will be experience if nothing else and at least maybe run against other guys is it classed ie trucks against trucks and cars against cars? or anything goes?

Will post some times later on remember its 1/8th mile so it won't be an 8 sec 1/4 :lol:

Jonathan

You might need a helmet. They do have restrictions for 1/8-mile tracks, too. I think faster than 8.99 in the 1/8 requires a helmet. Check the IHRA rules on their website.

Most tracks have "test N tune" sessions where you just pay to get in, line up, and run against whoever is lined up in the lane next to you. Like BigTex said, just hang out for a little while and watch how they run things.

If they have options to sign up in different categories (testNtune, trophy street, etc.), I would suggest signing up for testNtune. That way you can just relax and get some track time in without worrying about anything else.

Good luck if you go. And have fun! :thumbs::D:cheers:

Well guys I went last night and did 2 pulls down the 1/8th and It was really hot 92 degrees and about 80% humidity and I ran a misserable 9.89 @75mph with a reaction time of .53 I think the turbo is definately more suited to the 1/4 it was pulling hard through the finish line and would have really liked to see what it would have done on a longer track. I was the only street car there all were full-on drag machines still I looked like an ass but who cares I had fun..

ssblackss

yeah the wheather must have been the factor because i am Naturally Aspirated and i run in the 9.21-2 range @ 77.4 and even that is not on a very good day. Keep trying and go back when the whether gets better. Thanks for posting the times. :thumbs:

Archived