Another Spark Plug Question

WantaSSS

hey all- wanting to figure out what all the difference is in plugs. I have done some research but have a few questions..

1. ac delco 41-985 I was told by the parts guy that this number has been superceeded to 41-110? are the specs the same?

2. ngk users are saying to use the tr55ix but the one listed for my truck (05 SS) are the tr5ix (7397) and are noticeably shorter in reach than the 41-110 ac delco.

3. the gap on the ngk tr55ix is .060 and the tr5ix is.040 which is listed for my truck. wondering if its the reach thats different .

4. all in all I just dont want a problem with my tune due to a simple wrong spark plug.... if its even possible ha

once again thanks

Not sure about the AC Delco part number cross reference, but you want the NGK TR55ix # 7164 if you go that way. The TR5ix they stated is not the correct plug. DO NOT gap Iridium plugs, they are pre-gapped from the factory. If you attempt to gap them, you risk scratching the Iridium tip.

Not sure about the AC Delco part number cross reference, but you want the NGK TR55ix # 7164 if you go that way. The TR5ix they stated is not the correct plug. DO NOT gap Iridium plugs, they are pre-gapped from the factory. If you attempt to gap them, you risk scratching the Iridium tip.

isnt the ac 985 plug .040? and the tr55ix is .060?

ok - so I contacted acdelco and they told me that the new part # is 41-110 I asked if there was any major differences in the plugs they told me no. Just updating the numbers just thought I would share this info cheers.gif

don't know if this is a :repost: but here is some info

TSB on plug gap changes.....

Subject: Information on New Spark Plugs and Gapping #03-06-04-060 - (10/24/2003)

Models: 2004 Buick Ranier

2002-2004 Cadillac Escalade, Escalade EXT

2003-2004 Cadillac Escalade ESV

2004 Cadillac CTS-V

1997-2004 Chevrolet Corvette

1998-2002 Chevrolet Camaro

1999-2004 Chevrolet Silverado

2000-2004 Chevrolet Suburban, Tahoe

2002-2004 Chevrolet Avalanche

2003-2004 Chevrolet Express, TrailBlazer

1999-2004 GMC Sierra

2000-2004 GMC Yukon, Yukon XL

2001-2004 GMC Yukon Denali, Yukon XL Denali

2002-2004 GMC Sierra Denali

2003-2004 GMC Envoy XL

1998-2002 Pontiac Firebird

2004 Pontiac GTO

2003-2004 Hummer H2

with 4.8L, 5.3L, 5.7L or 6.0L V-8 Engine (VINs V, P, T, Z, G, S, N, U -- RPOs LR4, LM4, LM7, L59, LS1, LS6, LQ9, LQ4)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A new spark plug has been released for use in the above vehicles. The new spark plug has an Iridium tip instead of the current Platinum tip. Due to the different tip design, the gap of the spark plug has also changed. The new spark plug, P/N 12571164 with AC Delco P/N 41-985, is gapped to 1.01mm (0.040 inches) when the spark plug is made. The spark plug gap is set during manufacturing and should not be changed or damage to the spark plug may result. Any new spark plug found to not be properly gapped should not be used.

GM bulletins are intended for use by professional technicians, NOT a "do-it-yourselfer". They are written to inform these technicians of conditions that may occur on some vehicles, or to provide information that could assist in the proper service of a vehicle. Properly trained technicians have the equipment, tools, safety instructions, and know-how to do a job properly and safely. If a condition is described, DO NOT assume that the bulletin applies to your vehicle, or that your vehicle will have that condition. See your GM dealer for information on whether your vehicle may benefit from the information.

WE SUPPORT VOLUNTARY TECHNICIAN CERTIFICATION

© Copyright General Motors Corporation. All Rights Reserved

:seeya:

• 11 months later...

ok - so I contacted acdelco and they told me that the new part # is 41-110 I asked if there was any major differences in the plugs they told me no. Just updating the numbers just thought I would share this info cheers.gif

I know: old post, but I also confirmed this today. The 41-985 part # for iridium's has been "superceeded" as the AC D. rep. told me, to the new 41-110. Hope this helps anyone in the future.

just a new part #, plug is identical according to AC Delco rep. I was ordering some for Nekroman so I wanted to be sure before hand cuz I know 985 has long been correct. 985's still out there but will soon be phasing out I was also told.