navigation

mplv

i have an 03 ss without xm or onstar, what factory nav unit do i need and what needs to go with it? tia

Ijust did this to my 2004 Silverado SS. Take a look at this topic at GM-Trucks.com

NAV and 6 disk changer in a Silverado

and this topic at Chevy Avalanche Fan Club

2nd Cad Nav in the Av - In & Working!

The second one is VERRYY long, but has all the answers you'll ever need. It's not as hard as it starts out sounding. Drop me an e-mail, I'll help all I can. :pop::pop:

Well Hopefully this will help you out. I installed the factory navigation in my SS and I have XM, Onstar, & Bose. Get on ebay find you a brand new Pioneer Avic-N1 and go with it. A hell of alot easier to install and the navigation is 3 times better on it, plus you can watch DVD's and the dynamic gauges are awesome. I just ordered the center console piece off ebay and I didnt think it would be nice but guys its a good buy, it snaps into place and hooked right up too the PS2.

No one said that 2200 is less than 700?

That 700 is overpriced. IMO.

I agree with you that flip-outs look like shit. However, aftermarket Double Din

stuff looks great, and totally outperforms the stock stuff.

Plus, you have a Viper and a SSS. Spend a couple hundred more and get the good stuff.

If im not mistaken, the Kenwood package can be had new on Ebay for about 1500.

i really dont want a big ass screen hanging out of my dash. im kinda sick of aftermarket shit and i want the factory stock look. do you want to sell you setup?

Exactly why I went with the OEM Nav. I've never seen an aftermarket head unit that looked like it was supposed to be where it was. Every one of them sticks out like a sore thumb, to me. This is just my personal preference.

The non-lux OEM Nav head unit is about a 1.5 hour job, including pulling the dash top to install the GPS antenna, and the vss wire. Then, if you got a used unit, you'll need to go to the dealership to get the theftlock cleared. This is the toughest part, finding a service department that believes it can be done, and is willing to take ten minutes to clear it and re-marry it to your VIN.

For those of us who are not audiophiles, it is a nice upgrade. Sounds a bit better to me than the 6 disk in-dash changer, and looks a lot better. If you want better sound, you can upgrade to the lux amp, I'm told it sounds quite a bit better, although I'm afraid I'd never be able to tell the difference with my abused 46 year old ears :P

Not everyone has the same likes and dislikes, that's why they make chocolate and vanilla. For those who like the stock look and decide to go this route, there is plenty of help out there to accomplish it. It's not nearly as difficult as it starts out sounding. I'll be glad to help all I can. :D:D

:pop::pop::pop:

Edit: By the way, I went with the new touchscreen, or TNR. The older joystick, or INR is pretty cheap right now, but it doesn't look near as good to me.

can you post the part number to what you have, thats exactley what i want

if i decide to go to with the lux amp is the head unit the same

Ok, non-lux headunit 10377287, is a direct plug in replacement, all you need to do is install the headunit, the gps antenna, and the vss wire to the instrument cluster.

If you decide to do the lux amp change out, you'll need a different head unit, gm part # 10377531, you'll also need a luxury amp, and you'll need to do some wiring changes at the amp. It's a bit more complicated, but it doesn't seem that difficult to me.

Archived