Hard wiring

DirtySSouth

I have question.....I want to hard wire in an AC/DC converter into my SS for my new PS2 I got for x mas.......I know that all I have to do is find a wire thats hot splice into it and ground the other....but i dont know where to start, or what wire to splice into....could someone help?

JK

do you want it turn on with that car and off when the car turns off? if you do find a spot on the fuse pannel. if not go directly yo the battery and add your own switch, that way when you want it on its on and when you want it off its off.

You should be able to find a spot in the fuse box on the side of te dash or under the hood that gives power with the key and is not being used. That would be the best place to start. Because of the way this could be wired you could also use a this as a fused area. Good luck.

JOSH

pull one of the fuses out, look at the metal connectors, looks like that. if the wire is thin enough just get a long piece of it and wrap it around the blade of a fuse, you ahve an automatic fuse that way too. that method is how my interior neons/cd player are installed, the underbodies are connected directly to the battery with a fuse.

I wired up a power inverter to the lighter in the end of the center console and added a fuse. From there it was just simple plug and play. :dunno:

The ps2 turns off with the truck too. I think this would be the easier way, but it sounds like you already have your way going so good luck. :cheers:

I have one in my truck, it is wired to the ignition. .......Read below....

I have a splice coming off of the radio fuse location on the drivers side dash of the truck. This runs to a relay and trips it when the ignition is turned on.

Now run a 12-18 awg wire from the battery to the relay and then on to the ps2. This way you are not straining factory wires or fuse capacity and it turns on and off with the ignition. This would be the proper way to run this set up and do it right!!

Don't forget to fuse the power wires from the battery before the relay. the radio turn on wire is already fused in the truck, no need to worry about that one!

If you have an aftermarket stereo, use the remote turn on wire from the headunit and run that to the relay instead of using the truck ignition, it is just that much safer!!

Archived