Bedrug Analysis

7a7SS

Ok, this is for all our happy bedrug owners, and those who know alot about them :D

I'm thinking about getting one :flag: , however I've put quite a few primer showing scratches :nonod: on the floor and walls of the bed. None of them that I know of go down to the metal :dunno: , so can I throw a bedrug over the damage and not worry about rust? Or, should I prep the bed by repainting?

TIA

Seven :chevy:

Well, I have a BedRug on my '03 and it does indeed produce a very snug environment on the bed. However, all one is doing is covering the bed. I have no idea if that bed is galvanized, rust-resistant metal (whatever), since my BedRug prevented any scratches so rust would show. However, it is, just-a-cover. I would fine-sand the main scratches and spray them with Rustoleum.

If the scratches are just through the topcoat, I would think that you are fine. If they are deeper, and have not began to rust, I would think that you could just use a little touch-up paint to protect the area.

Another question, are you planning to put a tonneau/cover over the Bedrug or are you going to just put the rug in by itself?

Another question, are you planning to put a tonneau/cover over the Bedrug or are you going to just put the rug in by itself?

Hay, that was going to be my question. :D

I have the bedrug in mine, and I would have to agree with everyone else. As long as the scraches are not to the metal, you should be fine.

Sanding down those scratches and painting them seems like a very simple thing to do to have some piece of mind. That's what I would do if I were going to install a bedrug. Think about this, after a year or two of having the bedrug installed in your bed, you take it out to see really bad rust spots. Woulda, coulda, shoulda!!!!!!

I think you get my point!

Late- Alex

Archived