Under dash whinning

SSilverad03

Recently while in the SSS I have been hearing a whine under my passenger dash where the blower motor is. I just took the cover off to see if anything was out of place and nada. This whine comes and goes as it pleases with nothing to isolate it, i.e. heater, defrost, cd player. I don't want to take it to the dealer for a truck that whines under the dash and not under the hood. Sounds to me like the blower motor needs some lube, but then again it will whine with the heat off. Has anybody else had this problem. :banghead:

Yo Chris I had a problem with my chevy van doing that and some pine needles got down in by the fan. The dealer took it apart and found them. They didnt charge me. Does the noise change with different speeds of the fan???

If you have the warranty i would just take it back.

Gotta go plow some snow c/ya

Yo Chris  I had a problem with my chevy van doing that and some pine needles got down in by the fan. The dealer took it apart and found them.  They didnt charge me.  Does the noise change with different  speeds of the fan???

If you have the warranty i would just take it back.

Gotta go plow some snow  c/ya

No it whines even when the fan is off. I have tried to connect this to several different variables such as running the heat/AC, engine on or off, stereo and nothing makes a difference. Basically with the key in on position with everything off in the truck it will still do this, but its off and on as far as the noise is concerned. I guess if it continues I will have to take it in because it's driving me nuts. I need to get the alignment done on it anyways; I will let them deal with it then. Hey Pete have fun plowing that snow, it was in the 70's out here, I'm gonna sit on the patio and plow some :cheers::D

Do you have the automatic climate controls? Seems like I have heard a noise similar to what you describe. I'm guessing that there is a motor under there that switches the airflow around for hot/cold control based on the temperature sensed in the cab. Even if the fan is off, that auto temp control motor might be switching the baffles around...?

:dunno:

skc2121

Sorry not to have a solution for you but I have a similar problem.

Before my heater warms up I get a clicking/grinding sound from behind the CD player.When it warms up and starts to blow I hear an oscillating sound.This may be as mentioned by deezel and falconpilot-recirculation motor?

Of course when I take to the dealer all is quiet!

Archived