Dealer trying to stick me, guess I keep lookin

shadowmaker

Dealer got me a SS back in Aug. Due to some problems that werent my fault on my credit, I didnt get the truck. I told the dealer to make sure everything was ok before they went and got the truck.

I have a GM employee # which sets the price below invoice, wholesale I think. So, today, I get them to write everything up so I can go to the bank. But they give me the invoice price, which is $1800 higher than the supplier price. Supplier price is what I m suppose to get. When I caught this, I called back and talk to the service manager and he said it was right, that invoice was $37400 and the $36749 was the supplier. I told him, no back in Aug it was $35k. He said no that was probably the price after some rebates. WELL BULLS*IT. I have the copy of the dealer invoice, which he gave back in Aug that has the price at $35k.

So OTD price was $32769 after tax, rebates etc etc. The $1800 would have it right around $30k. Some of you on here have gotten this price and you dont even have the supplier #. SO since he lied to me, tried to stick me, I guess I ll just keep looking .

Oh well, guess its not meant for me to have this truck. I ve had more trouble trying to get this truck than any car I ve ever tried to buy. :banghead::banghead:

Brad

I just bought my SS using the GM supplier discount.... you should be able to pull the price from the supplier website using the gmbuypower link. this will let you custom build your own SS and see the MSRP and Supplier price. Also you may use all available gm incentives on that vehicle, the loyalty incentive is about $1500.00 and a silverado incentive of about $3500.00 ... these both expire at the end of the month. Your best bet is to contact a Fleet Sales Manager at the dealer and not a regular salesperson.... No offence to anyone who works in the car sales industry, but a Fleet manager will be more familiar with the process of the supplier disount, and will treat you much nicer than a salesman whom is going to miss out on his comission because of the discount. If you go to www.gmsupplierdiscount.com and log on using your company code and then enter your username and password.... You should have some options to the left that take you to the gmbuypower.com website with the supplier pricing. If you need any further help e-mail me.... this should be the smoothest buying experience you've ever had, but it seems the dealer is giving you a hard time. :chevy:

I'm sort of going through the same thing. I found an SS that I really like. Brand new 2005, loaded. Sticker price is $43 and change. Dealer gave me a price of $35,500. I thought that was without the $2,000 and $1,500 GM incentives because he was telling me that it's better to take the cash back rather than the low financing. Found out today the incentives are included in the price. So that changed my loan payments significantly. I went from $23,000 to $26,500. Also, I have the GM credit card which gives you points (money off). The dealer told me that it was included in the price. Bullshit. He doesn't know how many points I have so how can he include it? Also, he told me I can only use the GM card if I get financing through them. More bullshit. I just called the GM card and they said that is NOT true. So now I will call the dealer and tell them to take off $1,000 more for my trouble. They say no. I say bye.

Lets face the fact, these trucks arent the hottest sellers. The one I m looking at set on another lot for 341 days. Its been sitting on the lot here since mid Aug. When they get a buyer, you d think they would try to move em. Even if they sell it at wholesale, they still get advertising fees and other kick backs from GM. I dont care if they make some money, thats how they stay in business. BUT #1 Dont try to screw me #2 DONT lie to me.

Brad

With the GM number this should be the fastest, easiest buy ever. I had the same deal and at the time quite a bit of rebate specials going at the time. I even got a rebate that GMAC finance was running because I had financed through them before. I did all my deal over the phone with the fleet manager. The guy I worked with told me about all the rebates. I never had to hardly lift a finger. Another cut to the chase way to do it is by the internet. I have found that if you inquire that way the internet salesmen are usually not in it to make a lot of money on each deal, rather they make thier profits on quantity of sales. Thats how I would do it and on the first couple emails you guys trade I would not tell him about your discount untill you get him to tell you about what rebates are available. Then tell him you want those rebates and your discount.

I had a real bad deal with one dealership once when I was trying to buy my second SS. I had made the deal and agreed on the price via email. The one thing that I was specific about is i wanted to come after work and drive the truck once before I signed the papers, just to make sure it was just right. When I got to the dealership to drive it, the guy told me that it was going to be Blue instead of the Black that I had been told. He told me that he knew I said black but he thought that since he had the numbers where I wanted, he was sure I would buy that one. BULL$HIT, I said what I wanted and left. Before I got to my car the guy told me that I could not leave and stepped infront of me and the door. I had to walk around him to get out. Then when driving out, the sales manager stepped infront on the car and held his hand out and said stop I want to talk to you. I just kept going and made him step out of the way... Now thats what I call being strong armed...

Good luck man, buying your SS should be easy and quick if they really want to sell you a truck...

JOSH :cheers:

If your looking for a new ss then check out this link for the dealers in your area....it will give you their whole inventory and which one is closest to you by zip code.Dealer Inventories

Theres is an 05 at one of the dealers on that list. But I cant get the $5k in rebates on an 05.

Why is buying a truck causing me so much grief?

Brad

Archived